You may select 1 option

View results

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: This Week: 2016 Harley-Davidson Roadster

#11 Unread post by ceemes »

Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Brand new and just released from Harley-Davidson!

Enjoy!
No, not "brand new" at all. It's just the latest re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-rehash of a 20+ year old motorcycle.
Thank-you.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#12 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

It's . . . just okay. It's nice that a Sportster is being released with a bit more ground clearance, a bit better braking, and so on. But it's nothing a buyer couldn't have done on their own with an old Sporty. When was the last really significant engineering change for the Sportster? EFI in 07? You could always get one of those and customize it exactly the way you want (I'd like better suspension, twin disks, bigger tank, tacho), for less money.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#13 Unread post by dr_bar »

Gummiente wrote:You didn't like the Street 500/750 or the LiveWire?
Gummiente??? Where the hell have you been my friend???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#14 Unread post by Gummiente »

dr_bar wrote: Gummiente??? Where the hell have you been my friend???
It's a long story. But it's good to be back. :)
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

snakedoctEr726 wrote:Putting functional suspension on a Sportster was a good decision from HD. They're going after some of the 9T or Thruxton market and this is a respectable attempt for sure, but it will share the same problems that every Sportster has. The brakes leave a lot to be desired, it's about 150lbs heavier that it should be, and the gas tank is too small. The engine is powerful enough for what it is, and it's not too hard to get even more out of it.
That's true. (more in my comments)
Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Brand new and just released from Harley-Davidson!

Enjoy!
No, not "brand new" at all. It's just the latest re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-rehash of a 20+ year old motorcycle.
That's true too. (more in my comments)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

It's hard not to like the sportster, but I agree, the model is loooooong in the tooth, desperately needs a refresh and even after so many years is still looking for a direction. It's a good bike, but today it's just nothing special anymore but carries a "special price" that I'm even wondering if it's a good value anymore.

That said, I really like the looks (and sound) of it, everything else is, well, a let down (tiny tank size, top heaviness, weight of the bike, age of the engine, suspension). Around town bike? Yup! Highways.... you can, but maybe even looking at a used early 90's bike for 1/6th the price I think you wouldn't be missing out on much.

Yes, H-D needs to do more, way too much time resting on their laurels, time to innovate what they got and make motorcycles that riders lust for and other companies want to copy again.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2016 Harley-Davidson Roadster - Coolness Factor = 64.0%

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Harley-Davidson Roadster - Coolness Factor = 64.0%
Featured: April 22nd - April 29th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52955
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... adster.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Harley-Davidson Roadster is:

Awesome (3 points) 16% [ 4 ]
Cool (2 points) 64% [ 16 ]
Uncool (1 point) 16% [ 4 ]
Fail (0 point) 4% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 25

= a Coolwall Factor of 64.0%

Notes: It's hard not to vote cool on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, they have the sound and the look most of us love. But, H-D is getting, dare I say, a little dated and stale with their models. They need to not only WOW us again with something amazing, but also refresh their lineup to be more modern but yet not lose their heritage. It's a hard task, but H-D once ruled the motorcycle world where company wanted to copy EVERY bike they had and riders loved each model. Take us back to the future again Harley-Davidson!

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!