Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker - Coolness Factor = 74.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... racker.htm

NEXT GENERATION, LIQUID-COOLED HARLEY-DAVIDSON XG750R FLAT TRACKER BREAKS COVER AT AMA PRO SPRINGFIELD MILE...

A new-generation Harley-Davidson® flat-track motorcycle is ready to race. The Harley-Davidson® Screamin' Eagle® Factory Team is unleashing the XG750R, its first all-new flat track race bike in 44 years, to battle in fierce, adrenaline-filled competition on dirt ovals across the U.S. The XG750R will make its official competition debut Sunday, May 29, at the AMA Pro Flat Track Springfield Mile in Illinois.

Powered by the fuel-injected, liquid-cooled Harley-Davidson Revolution X V-Twin engine, the XG750R will be raced by Factory Team rider Davis Fisher on the AMA Pro Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines flat track series. The new XG750R motorcycle is strictly for race competition and will not be offered for sale at this time.

The new flat tracker is powered by the 750cc Revolution X™ V-Twin engine designed for the Harley-Davidson Street® 750, a motorcycle built for maximum urban maneuverability with rebellious Dark Custom™ attitude. Tuned for the track, this modified Revolution X engine will power the new XG750R as it fights to be first to the finish line.

2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

The race-modified Revolution X engine and a racing frame for the XG750R were developed by Vance & Hines Motorsports. Vance & Hines also is the partner for the factory Harley-Davidson® Screamin' Eagle®/Vance & Hines drag racing program where V-Rod® motorcycles have won eight of the past 12 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle drag racing championships.

2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

"After decades of flat-track racing success behind the Harley-Davidson XR750 flat track motorcycle, we knew it was time to develop the next-generation Harley-Davidson to compete in one of the best spectator racing sports out there today," said Kris Schoonover, Harley-Davidson racing manager.

Fisher, in his first season racing with the Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle Factory Team and a rookie in the GNC1 series, will be the first racer aboard the XG750R. The 18-year-old racer from Warren, Ore., won the 2015 AMA Pro GNC2 championship.

"We wanted a young rider with plenty of raw ability for the XG750R program, and Davis proved himself in the GNC2 class," said Schoonover. "We are excited to have the opportunity to bring an emerging talent like Davis up to the GNC1 series to develop the new bike alongside an experienced champion like Brad Baker."

Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle Factory Team rider Brad Baker, 23 years old and the 2013 AMA Pro Grand National Champion, will continue to race aboard the proven Harley-Davidson XR750 motorcycle while Fisher races the XG750R through its developmental stage.

"The XG750R has shown great potential in testing and the first few races this season," said Schoonover. "But as with any new racing motorcycle, there will be work to do. We're excited to continue testing the XG750R in real world competition, and as we make our way through the season, we will evaluate the performance of the bike and our factory riders to see if Baker might switch to the new bike."

2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: $ USD

TBA
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This just in... the 2017 Harley-Davidson XG750R Flat Tracker. Not street legal (yet) but I could see a street version of it in the future...

Enjoy!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

Aaaaannnnd cue the Harley haters in 3...2...1...

I like it, gave it a "cool" vote. It's too bad Harley won't sponsor a factory race team anymore, though.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I think it's cool. They are branching out and reaching more of the population. :D

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Looks way cooler than the Street750. I hope they sell a road legal version soon.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#6 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

Kind of cool.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#7 Unread post by faded sun »

Gummiente wrote:Aaaaannnnd cue the Harley haters in 3...2...1...

I like it, gave it a "cool" vote. It's too bad Harley won't sponsor a factory race team anymore, though.
Are these two guys who are riding the different versions of the 750 not the Factory team? It does look cool, though that track looks to be paved (or is it oiled dirt?)
Never seen a flat track race.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#8 Unread post by Gummiente »

faded sun wrote:Are these two guys who are riding the different versions of the 750 not the Factory team?
I checked the HD website and it turns out I was wrong; not only are they fielding Brad Baker and David Fisher in the AMA Pro series, they're also still backing a factory V-Rod drag racing team in the NHRA series. My bad.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#9 Unread post by High_Side »

Nice - hopefully it is competitive.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#10 Unread post by ceemes »

Gummiente wrote:Aaaaannnnd cue the Harley haters in 3...2...1...

Chuck you Farlie, i gave it a cool as well. :D

Although, isn't dirt tracking dying off somewhat?
Always ask why.