totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2017 Yamaha SCR950 - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:If a Harley Sportster and a Triumph Bonneville had a baby, this is what it would look like.
LOL! :laughing:

Triley Sportville
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:I like the Bolt, and I like this one even more. Awesome for me. But it seems not enough people complained about the Bolt's gauges that Yamaha just carried over the same rinky little, cheap, 80s-looking LED display. Is a rotating needle so much more expensive? I appreciate most of the SCR's "retro styling" but the gauges are from the wrong decade. ;P

Ya, I never liked the Bolt's digital gauge either, seems they missed the mark by not putting in a dual pod needle tach and speedo setup (which is by FAR my fav)...

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

Ok, call me crazy, but I actually think the SCR950 competes against the new Triumph Bonneville T120 ( http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... e-T120.htm ) similar power, styling, engine size and weight, but the advantage of the SCR950 being a V-Twin and cheaper to buy/own. In fact, while I love the new T120, I think the SCR950 actually looks even better... wow.

So that said, I know the Bolt isn't the most modern design, but vs the Bonnie, it's a decade ahead!

That to me, makes it awesome in my eyes.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Yamaha SCR950 - Coolness Factor = 68.9%
Featured: June 17th - June 24th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53212
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... SCR950.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Yamaha SCR950 Review is:

Awesome (3 points) 47% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 13% [ 2 ]
Uncool (1 point) 40% [ 6 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 15

= a Coolwall Factor of 68.9%

Notes: Wow, usually you don't have a split vote between uncool and awesome. Just like the Brexit vote last night, this vote and the opinions are quite split! Riders would like to see an updated engine and retro gauges. Yes, that sounds odd when you want something very new and very old as well and I bet that confuses the heck out of Yamaha! lol. On a side note, I think the SCR950 competes vs the Triumph Bonneville T120 on the showroom floor, it will be interesting to see how it sells.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!