Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: TOTAL MOTORCYCLE COOL WALL - 2017 RESULTS

#31 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Husqvarna TC50 - Coolness Factor = 85.7%
Featured: August 4th, 2017 - August 11th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54443
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... c50-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Husqvarna TC50

Awesome (3 points) 8
Cool (2 points) 6
Uncool (1 point) 0
Fail (0 point) 0

Total votes: 14

= a Coolwall Factor of 85.7%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Want to change a kid's life, build confidence, muscular development and agility? You found it, for just pennies a day, go out there and buy them a 2018 Husqvarna TC50. You can't do better, in bike or in spirit.

A super 85.7% Cool Wall score brings the 2018 Husqvarna TC50 to our #3 bike of the year spot!

Best comments of the week: "Some of them can barely lift their heads with a moto helmet on but they are fearless and have mad skills. If you have never witnessed a peewee race, do it, you'll thank me."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male

#32 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Yamaha Star Venture - Coolness Factor = 76.5%
Featured: August 11th, 2017 - August 18th, 2017

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54453
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... re-review/

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture

Awesome (3 points) 9
Cool (2 points) 4
Uncool (1 point) 4
Fail (0 point) 0

Total votes: 17

= a Coolwall Factor of 76.5%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Rarely do I come out and say a bike was voted too high versus what our audience has said in the comments. And the comments for the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture were definitely not flattering, in fact, other than looks, everything else said was negative. So I can only say that a 76.5% vote is really good and while the comments do point negative, the majority of people actually like the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture. Big price, high weight, air cooled engine, low gas mileage. It will be interesting to see how it sells.

Best comments of the week: "I wanted to like this bike, I really did. However, the more I read the less impressed I became."

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#33 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Harley-Davidson Street Rod - Coolness Factor = 64.6%
Featured: August 18th, 2017 - August 25th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54458
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... rod-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Harley-Davidson Street Rod

Awesome (3 points) 2
Cool (2 points) 11
Uncool (1 point) 3
Fail (0 point) 0

Total votes: 16

= a Coolwall Factor of 64.6%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: "SMACK", did you hear that? Harley-Davidson just hit a double base hit with riders. That describes the 2017 Harley-Davidson Street Rod to a tee. It isn't a home run, but it is a hit, enough so that people notice and are curious about it. Good points, price, looks, simple design, good range. Bad, high pegs (comfort?), weight, torque comes in at high rpm (4000). The best of the Harley-Davidson Street models, but is it enough?

Best comments of the week: "Harley has produced a bike that I not only like, but voted awesome for. Did anyone just hear a thud that sounded like a body dropping to the floor?????" - ceemes

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#34 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 BMW HP4 Race - Coolness Factor = 74.4%
Featured: August 25th, 2017 - August 30th, 2017

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54470
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ace-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 BMW HP4 Race

Awesome (3 points) 5
Cool (2 points) 7
Uncool (1 point) 0
Fail (0 point) 1

Total votes: 13

= a Coolwall Factor of 74.4%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters". If you like your life like Vin Diesel then BMW has a motorcycle for you! The 2018 BMW HP4 Race is exclusive, incredibly fast, handles like it is on rails and did I mention... super expensive? 322lbs and 215hp says it all.

Best comments of the week: "Sweet bejesus. 78 grand? AMERICAN?" - NorthernPete

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#35 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Moto Guzzi Eldorado - Coolness Factor = WINNER 1/9
Featured: August 30th, 2017 - September 15th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Super Comparo

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54477
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... dorado?d=1

2018 9 Bike Super Cruiser Comparison

2017 Honda Gold Wing F6B: 5
2017 BMW K1600B: 9
2017 Moto Guzzi Eldorado: 12
2017 Yamaha Raider: 5
2017 Indian Chief Dark Horse: 9
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager ABS: 5
2017 Suzuki Boulevard M109R BOSS: 4
2018 Triumph Thunderbird Storm: 10
2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout 114: 11

Total votes: 70

FIRST PLACE: 2017 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
SECOND PLACE: 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout 114
THRID PLACE: 2018 Triumph Thunderbird Storm

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Our first ever 9 cruiser bike super-campro over two weeks, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. The results are in, but before we go to them, let's talk about the new Harley-Davidon's new softail line. But combining the best of the Dyna and Softail models together and introducing new engines and designs, Harley-Davidson was able to take a big step up to further themselves against the competition. Harley-Davidson has been struggling lately in the industry economically, even looking for a buyer at one point. Putting their most popular cruiser model (based on sales) against the very best the industry offered was brave but was it enough to come out on top?

In a word. No.

But it second place isn't bad. All these 9 models had something unique and special about them and any rider would be happy with any of them. But there could only be one and that one was the 2017 Moto Guzzi Eldorado. Based off the multi-award winning California 1400 chassis, combining not only sound and personality but also power, comfort, reliability and a very competitive price point even the new 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout 114 couldn't beat it. But it was close.

Is second place good enough for Harley-Davidson and their newest, badest, redesigned 2018 Harley-Davidson Breakout 114?

In a word. No.

Harley-Davidson won't take this lying down, they never do. And that means an even better H-D in the future.

Best comments of the week: "...and SURPRISINGLY the Harley-Davidson! I didn't think a H-D would make my list, but it's actually nice looking." - Sunshine229

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#36 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Polaris Slingshot SLR LE - Coolness Factor = 35.7%
Featured: September 15th, 2017 - September 22nd, 2017
Most popular vote category: Fail

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54492
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... -le-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Polaris Slingshot SLR LE

Awesome 3
Cool 1
Uncool 4
Fail 6

= a Coolwall Factor of 35.7%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Unique. Different. Controversial. Polaris calls it a 3-wheeled motorcycle, what do you think? Sure, the Slingshot SLR LE is awesome on its own, but start calling it a motorcycle and riders respond! Is it the doors? The steering wheel? Maybe it just looks "too much" like a car, or the GM engine? Take it for what it is, it is a motorcycle-like experience; and that is pretty cool in-itself.

Best comments of the week: "Hey neat. A car made it on the cool wall." - NorthernPete

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#37 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Can-Am Spyder F3 - Coolness Factor = 45.5%
Featured: September 22nd, 2017 - September 29th, 2017
Most popular vote category: TIE Cool/Uncool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54497
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... -f3-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Can-Am Spyder F3

Awesome 1
Cool 4
Uncool 4
Fail 2

Total votes: 11

= a Coolwall Factor of 45.5%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Polaris Slingshot vs Can-Am Sypder. 3-Wheel vs 3-Wheel. Both are controversial, both suffer from "it is not a motorcycle" syndrome, but both manufacturers claim both are motorcycles. By a win of 10% more Cool, the Can-Am Sypder takes the small win over the Polaris Slingshot. A 45.5% vote though, it below the Cool line, but just barely. In the end, both can be cross-shopped are unique and offer a different "riding style" than a motorcycle and offer a riding experience to those who can't ride 2-wheels. Which 3-wheeler would you prefer?

Best comments of the week: "Have always loved these. A friend at work got one when they first came out and it kept up with her hubby's bike group, it can also bring home a load of groceries." - Rubiadiabla

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#38 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition - Coolness Factor = 84.4%
Featured: September 29th, 2017 - October 6th, 2017

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54501
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ion-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition

Awesome 8+2
Cool 3
Uncool 1+1
Fail 0

No votes Total votes: 12+2

= a Coolwall Factor of 84.4%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Fast. Fun. Furious. Great Looking. Amazing R&D. What isn't there to like about the new 2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition? Well, most likely the price. All this doesn't come cheap nor is it cheap to develop. Riders love the 2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition and personally I love the color scheme. If you are a very experienced rider, then do yourself a favor and consider it.

Best comment of the week: "Awesome, of course... Can't comment... Too busy drooling." - Rubiadiabla

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#39 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Kawasaki Z900 - Coolness Factor = 80.6%
Featured: October 6th, 2017 - October 13th, 2017

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54509
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... 900-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Kawasaki Z900

Awesome 6+1
Cool 3+1
Uncool 0
Fail 0+1

Total votes: 12

= a Coolwall Factor of 80.6%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Great debate this week on our latest Cool Wall bike, the 2018 Kawasaki Z900! I only had 1 uncool/fail vote, which is surprising, but you can't please them all. High points: Really, everything. Low points: Headlight pod, maybe riding position for some body types. A 80.6% is a really good score, well done Kawasaki! For those curious if we didn't get that 1 fail vote, the new 2018 Kawasaki Z900 would have been our #2 Coolest Bike of 2017 with a score of 87.9! With 80.6% it drops to 5th. So every vote counts, make sure YOU VOTE.

Best comment of the week: "It's gotta be like getting shot out of a cannon. A big shiny grin inducing cannon..." - JackoftheGreen

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#40 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Honda Fury ABS - Coolness Factor = 69.1%
Featured: October 13th, 2017 - October 20th, 2017

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54517
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... abs-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Honda Fury ABS

Awesome 4
Cool 7
Uncool 3
Fail 0

= a Coolwall Factor of 69.1%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: Even after 7 years, the 2018 Honda Fury ABS still impresses riders. High-end custom styling, rock solid reliability; what more could you ask for? Maybe fuel range. The fun stops a little too soon with just a 3.4 Gal tank. But then, you probably didn't buy the 2018 Honda Fury ABS for long distance, did you?

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: "If there were a really Cool option I probably would have voted that." - ZRex