markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

Re: THIS WEEK: 2017 Cleveland CycleWerks Ace Scrambler - VOTE TODAY

#11 Unread post by markdcoco »

"fan boys"..... had to look that one up but excellent use of the term..... well done.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#12 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Fail. For all the reasons already stated.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with Cool.

It's bargain basement for sure, and I'm sure so sure it's is reliable in any sense of the word. Even at $3300, you can buy a good used bike for that, that most likely has more reliability. But it is unique and it would attract attention at a bike night. Very polarizing attention.

If anything, CCW creates discussion. Everyone wants cheaper bikes, but cheaper bikes come at a price. Yes, 3-to-1 vs a Ducati Scrambler, but what if you don't have x3 the money? Some riders are in that position and that's where CCW delivers. At $3300, CCW can't be making much on each model which means volume sales. I've only seen a few CCW bikes around the USA and Canada over all these years so they are rarer. Can the company even hold on? After all, Victory and EBR just went under...

Good looking? Sure
Good enough to ride around town? Yup.
Good value? Questionable.
Good reliability? Nope.

We will have to see what CCW releases for their 2018 models. More Chinese bikes or maybe a new direction?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Cleveland CycleWerks Ace Scrambler - Coolness Factor = 56.3%
Featured: July 21st, 2017 - July 27th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54426
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Scrambler

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Cleveland CycleWerks Ace Scrambler

Awesome (3 points) 4
Cool (2 points) 7
Uncool (1 point) 1
Fail (0 point) 4

Total votes: 16

= a Coolwall Factor of 56.3%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Have you seen the price of motorcycles today? They cost more and more each year. Some are the price of a car or even two cars! so riders want lower cost motorcycles and Cleveland CycleWerks delivers with a line of $3300 motorcycle models. Are CCW bikes great? No, but they are "cheap" and sometimes new and cheap is exactly what a rider is looking for. Just bring some tools with you.

For those interested in the voting numbers, our forum poll isn't the only place votes come from! We also have a voting poll going on each week for each Cool Wall bike on our main site: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/category/cool-wall/
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.