Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: THIS WEEK #327: 2018 Indian Roadmaster Elite - VOTE TODAY

#11 Unread post by Gummiente »

markdcoco wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Ok, let's see here... V-Twin type touring bike, check. Disparaging comments by the usual suspects, check. Yep, looks like another normal week in store for the TMW Cool Wall. :)
Gee Boss... don't make us blush :roll:
No offense intended, was just sayin'.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#12 Unread post by montanalifter »

The passenger area looks excellent. Here is a video I came across.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxexOWhQe78

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

OMG, the comments are funny this week! Quite a few times I had to snort laugh. :lol:

I wasn't too sure on this one, so I went with the "it's a little too pimpin' for me" and voted uncool. Ok, maybe there really isn't anything TOO pimpin' but 23k gold leaf paint and a price to match a luxury car? Wow. Does it come with Car hydraulics to make it jump? (oh, I think I just created a new marketing opportunity for Indian!)

I have to agree, it is odd it only comes in one colour. and it is an odd blueish purple. Not bad, but at $44k, I'd like a few colour choices please.

And why is it 23k and not 24k? I've never heard of 23k. 22k, sure, but 23k? Was there a discount on 23k? Maybe the 24k was defective? I can see it now "Oh, so you didn't get the 24k option?", "Cheaped out on the 23k gold eh?".. lol.

Lux-o-barge.

Remember when the GL1500 came out we thought it was a Winnebago on wheels? Well, this is crazy.

Sorry, uncool. But cool if you are into this sort of thing.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Indian Roadmaster Elite - Coolness Factor = 42.4%
Featured: July 28th, 2017 - August 4th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54435
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... te-review/

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Indian Roadmaster Elite

Awesome (3 points) 1
Cool (2 points) 4
Uncool (1 point) 3
Fail (0 point) 3

Total votes: 11

= a Coolwall Factor of 42.4%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Unique, comfy, stylish and horrendously expensive. Overall 42% Cool. Ouch. Shockingly the new 2018 Indian Roadmaster Elite finishes less than Cool than a 1/11th the cost ($3300) CCW. Ouch. I'm not sure Polaris is going to be celebrating this "Victory" anytime soon.

Best comments of the week: "Lazy Boy Recliner on wheels"; " But I'm still gonna laugh behind my hand while I pass you on the left. You probably wont notice over the Steeley Dan blaring on the 300 watt sound system though" , "I like the idea of buying 11 other rides instead of this one. That way you could at least rent them out and make a decent income.", "Disparaging comments by the usual suspects, check. Yep, looks like another normal week in store for the TMW Cool Wall".
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.