Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#346: 2018 Honda Fury ABS - Coolness Factor = 69.1%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Honda Fury ABS on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... abs-review

EXTREME LINES. HEAD-TURNING LOOKS.

2018 Honda Fury ABS Review on Total Motorcycle:

The Fury appears to be something from the farthest fringes of the two-wheeled world, yet it’s a Honda, through and through. It’s the rolling incarnation of the pure, undiluted chopper essence, a machine that simply looks right, sounds right, and goes straight to the heart of radical enthusiasts. Yet despite the extreme lines and head-turning looks, the Fury is backed up with the same fit and finish, functionality, affordability, quality, and reliability that are built into every Honda.

2018 Honda Fury ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

Engine/Drivetrain
•The 1,312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin delivers strong low-end and midrange torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising. Unique dual-exhaust system offers throaty exhaust note.
•Power plant features a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate engine character.
•Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) incorporates a single 38mm diameter throttle body.
•Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber.
•Five-speed transmission for exciting roll-on performance.
•Low-maintenance slim-profile driveshaft provides smooth operation with no need for chain or belt guards and covers.

Chassis/Suspension
•High-mount steering head complements the raked-out front end.
•Hard-tail styling.
•Long, slim 3.4 gallon seamless fuel tank mounts high on the frame for a true custom look.
•Slim radiator is mounted unobtrusively to accent the Fury’s clean lines.
•Minimalist front and rear fenders complement the Fury’s chopper styling.
•Control lines and cables are specially routed for a clean, custom look.
•Rear suspension system gives a clean, uncluttered appearance.
•Single rear shock with adjustable rebound damping and five-position preload adjustment features an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride, and provides 3.7 inches of wheel travel.
•Large-diameter 45mm extended fork provides 4.0 inches of plush, responsive travel.
•Integrated handlebar-mounted chrome housing features a speedometer, odometer/A&B trip meters, and indicator lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral, oil pressure, coolant temperature, and clock.
•Electric speedometer with easy-to-read numerals uses an electronic transmission speed sensor, which eliminates the front-wheel-mounted speedometer cable. This contributes to a clean, uncluttered look.

Honda Accessories
Front Spoiler, Front Spoiler LED Accent Lights, Low Sissy Bar Upright, Passenger Backrest Pad, Boulevard Screen (smoke), Rear Fender Panel, Leather Front Pouch, Custom Rider Seat (Tribal/ Vector/Flame), Custom Passenger Seat, Braided Lines (Throttle Cable/Clutch Cable/Front Brake Hose/Rear Brake Hose), Billet Clutch Cover, Billet Timing Cover, Billet Master Cylinder Cap, Billet License Plate Frame, Billet Dipstick, Chrome Allen Bolt Inserts, Fork Bolt Covers, Custom Grips, Outdoor Cycle Cover

WARRANTY: Because we are so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Accessories, we are pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
•Meets current EPA and CARB standards
•California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment

2018 Honda Fury ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: $ TOO NEW FOR PRICING

ENGINE

Type 1,312cc liquid-cooled 52º V-twin

Valve Train SOHC; three valves per cylinder

Bore x Stroke 89.5mm x 104.3mm

Compression Ratio 9.2:1

Induction PGM-FI w/ automatic enrichment; one 38mm throttle body

Ignition Digital w/ 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder

Starter Electric

Transmission 5-speed

Clutch Multiplate wet

Final Drive Shaft

SUSPENSION

Front 45mm telescopic fork; 4.0 in. travel

Rear Single shock w/ adjustable rebound damping, five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.7 in. travel

BRAKES

Front Single 336mm disc w/ dual-piston caliper; ABS

Rear Single 296mm disc w/ single-piston caliper; ABS

TIRES

Front 90/90-21

Rear 20/50-18

MEASUREMENTS

Rake (Caster Angle) 32º

Trail 92mm (3.6 in.)

Ground Clearance 4.9 in.

Seat Height 26.9 in.

Wheelbase 71.0 in.

Fuel Capacity 3.4 gal.

Color Chromosphere Red

Curb Weight* 681 lbs.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: #346: 2018 Honda Fury ABS - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just released, well, at least on Total Motorcycle! You won't find our 2018 Honda models up yet on the Honda site, but here you go:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... nda-models

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#3 Unread post by montanalifter »

I voted cool. Always thought it looked good. Would like to see an option with the vtx 1800 engine in it. I really dislike the 3.4 gallon tank though, do not want to be at the gas station that much or thinking about when I need to fuel up next.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#4 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Also voting Cool. The Fury is a gorgeous machine and Honda bulletproof, it'd be a lot of fun for tooling around on around town. I agree with Montana though, that 3.4 gallon tank just cripples the whole package. I mean, I get that a large tank would detract from the custom look, but it seems a shame to waste all that 1300cc power and straight-line stability with a 100 mile range.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#5 Unread post by ZRex »

I voted Awesome because the looks and the Honda reliability put it higher than cool for me, if there were a really Cool option I probably would have voted that. It really was a tough choice for me, maybe if it had more Awesome votes than Cool votes I might have said Cool.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#6 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Who's gonna ride that thing more then a tanks worth of fuel anyway. Take that spine. You've been straight for too long. Looks like the occ logo. Not my thing. Uncool.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Rubiadiabla
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2014 CTX 1300,2012 Ninja 650

#7 Unread post by Rubiadiabla »

COOL... These bikes are SO beautiful and I get butterflies every time I see one out in the wild. I'm a Honda fan for sure. However, I just don't know what I would DO with this bike? I'm not much of a bar hopper, and for even that this big bike seems excessive, and it would be a shame to put bags on it and road trip with it, (like the boys said, the gas capacity is a shame) so what is it for? Sure would be fun to scoot around on though.
'Well behaved women seldom make history.' -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

But the bike isn't for me, I wouldn't want to own one, but it is so interesting I'm like a moth to a lightbulb when one is parked. It is so unique still after all these years it is been on the market. Very, very little changes to the Fury over those years, but yet, it's still polarizing. Honda really took a step on the wide side when they decided to make the Fury and I really applaud any company that is brave enough to do that. Pushing the design of motorcycles is beneficial to us all.

Love it in the red-hot-red colour. 681lbs... I would love to know where did they hid that? (does the engine weigh 450lbs?).

The issue I see is; a custom bike with factory custom reliability, I can see the allure. I just don't see many on the roads...

Mike