Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#348: 2018 Yamaha NIKEN - Coolness Factor = 30.6%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Yamaha NIKEN on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ken-review

RIDE THE REVOLUTION.

2018 Yamaha NIKEN Review on Total Motorcycle:

This large-displacement Leaning Multi-Wheeler (LMW) is powered by a liquid-cooled in-line 3-cylinder engine. This model is equipped with LMW technology to reduce the effects of changing ride environments and to deliver a high feeling of stability when cornering. It achieves excellent performance for spirited and sporty riding on various road surfaces and the capability to freely carve through the continuous corners of winding roads. The body design makes full use of the unprecedented front-end suspension mechanisms pairing 15-inch front wheels with dual-tube upside-down forks to visually accentuate the machine’s sporty performance and create a high-quality look and feel at the same time. New Yamaha NIKEN. Ride the Revolution.

• Length x Width x Height = 2,150 mm x 885 mm x 1,250 mm
• Engine type = Liquid-cooled 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve
• Cylinder arrangement = In-line 3-cylinder
• Fuel supply system = Fuel injection

New Yamaha NIKEN. Ride the Revolution

2018 Yamaha NIKEN – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ USD

TBA

NOTE: THIS MODEL JUST LAUNCHED AS A PREVIEW TO ITS RELEASE. MORE INFORMATION TO COME NEXT MONTH, BUT THIS IS ALL I HAVE RIGHT NOW.

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ken-review
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: #348: 2018 Yamaha NIKEN - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

With so many great new motorcycles this week I put up in the 2018 Motorcycle Model Guides to choose from. I did say to NorthernPete that this week would be the Honda X-ADV, but the new 2018 Yamaha NIKEN is just soooo..... odd to not put up.

Next week, Honda X-ADV or maybe the brand new Gold Wing... argh, tough decision!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#3 Unread post by NorthernPete »

The "fudge"? Burn it with fire. Fail.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4 Unread post by jstark47 »

OMG, what is THAT???!! :blink: :wacko: :scared:

Kill it, quick, before it breeds!!!! :shooting:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Rubiadiabla
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2014 CTX 1300,2012 Ninja 650

#5 Unread post by Rubiadiabla »

Uncool, because I wanna pay to replace 4 front fork seals rather than just 2... lol
'Well behaved women seldom make history.' -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#6 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

I'd love to take one of these for a test ride, I'm interested to see how the handling feels compared to a two-wheel ride. Are there benefits to the dual tires in front on a leaning machine? I imagine it'd be harder to upset on uneven terrain, also, will it hold itself up when stopped? Yamaha isn't a bunch of idiots or a boutique builder, so they must expect to recoup what they've laid out to bring this to market.

I want to see the rest of the specs. Displacement? Tank size?

I'll say this -- it definitely isn't a clone of anything! So way to go Yamaha for something original. And this looks a damn site more edgy and aggressive than the other three-wheel machines on offer. It makes me think of a gorilla standing it's ground.

Oooorrrr...okay, maybe the Wheelies from Return to Oz, LoL.

Either way, this is Cool. I'd totally ride one.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#7 Unread post by montanalifter »

I gave it a cool. Definitely unique. Is it a motorcycle? Maybe I would change my vote if I were to see the full specs. Weight, displacement, etc. It will be interesting to read the reviews of people riding these machines. It is weird so if they price it too high I am not sure many will sell.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#8 Unread post by ceemes »

Drag it out on to the street, beat it with a club, stone it with rocks and then burn it with fire until it is nothing more then a bad memory and a melted pool of metal and plastic.......afterwards hunt down the designers and engineers who thought this introducing this monstrosity of an unholy abortion was a good thing and do the same to them.

There are plenty of trikes models out there and few have much of a market share, even spotting a Can-Am Spyder is a rare event, maybe once or twice a month even during the height of bike season, and those machines are what you would call "traditional" in styling and tech. This unholy abortion of a trike answers a question that was never asked, "how can we make an already unpopular style even more ugly, complicated and unpopular then it needs to be?".

I get the feeling Yamaha's board and stock holders are going to be asking some very hard questions to the executives that signed off on this soon to fail and fade into obscurity horror show, questions like "HOW MUCH!!! money did you waste on this POS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?", and "What fudge were you thinking!?!?!?!?!" followed up with the statement "Please clean out your desk".

Hmmmm.......Horror show......could this thing by Yammie's Halloween trick instead of a treat?
Last edited by ceemes on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always ask why.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#9 Unread post by Gummiente »

ceemes wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:14 am Drag it out on too the street, beat it with a club, stone it with rock and then burn it with fire until it is nothing more then a bad memory and a melted pool of metal and plastic.......
What he said.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#10 Unread post by markdcoco »

I truly want to be creative and original when talking about this POS..... but just about everything I want to say about this ride (and I use that term begrudgingly) has already been said. This takes three (3) wheeled devices to a new LOW. You need to come up with a lower rating than "fail" for this thing.