Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#353: 2018 BMW F750GS - Coolness Factor = 52.4%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 BMW F750GS on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... 0gs-review

THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING NEW

2018 BMW F750GS Review on Total Motorcycle:

It keeps your engine running, every day. Your heart beats to the rhythm of the BMW F 750 GS. It’s your ticket to the adventure. Because with the balanced Enduro all-rounder, you will master all paths, regardless of the road surface, and expand your horizons – because you want more. The F 750 GS gives you more power, more comfort, more spirit of GS. Feel the strong-charactered engine and enjoy the ease of handling of the F 750 GS. While you’re off discovering the world, you have the bike with the automatic stability control (ASC) and the ABS safely under control. And with the ex factory option Connectivity, the 6.5 inch TFT-display shows you among other things which junction you have to turn off at or who is calling you. Clear and concise – without distracting you from the road. The entry into your next experience is – also thanks to the low seat height – easier than ever before.

Real GS roots.

It’s obvious: From the slim rear to the striking front tank right up to the GS-typical top front mudguard, the design elements of the F 750 GS speak a clear language: the motorcycle has the GS gene. Unmistakeable and original is the typical flyline. With the view on the front, the new LED headlamps are particularly striking – a real light icon. And the galvanised radiator blind with the Exclusive style highlights the high quality of the all-rounder and embodies the spirit of GS. Discover more!

Ever since their debut in 2007, the GS models of the F series have stood for premium riding enjoyment with typical ‘Made by BMW Motorrad’ features, representing the middle-class Adventure segment. After around ten years of consistent model development, BMW Motorrad has now fully redesigned and reengineered these models in line with its objective of creating an ultimate riding machine for road riding, on tour, or on an adventure trip into offroad terrain.

The new BMW F 750 GS and F 850 GS: Premium middle-class travel enduros with strong characters.

2018 BMW F750GS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE F 750 GS

New engine concept.

Chassis and suspension.

Coupling force.

On-board computer.

ASC as standard, riding modes.

Connectivity with TFT-display & multi-controller (SA).

Intelligent emergency call (SA).

Extensive equipment range.

Highlights of the new BMW F 750 GS and F 850 GS:

Powerful 2-cylinder in-line engine with a displacement of 853 cc. F 750 GS: 57 kW (77 hp) at 7500 rpm and 83 Nm at 6000 rpm. F 850 GS: 70 kW (95 hp) at 8250 rpm and 92 Nm at 6250 rpm.
Extremely powerful and emotional sound, produced by a crankshaft journal offset of 90 degrees and firing interval of 270/450 degrees.
New, robust steel bridge frame in monocoque construction for increased riding precision.
New telescopic fork/upside-down telescopic fork plus double-sided aluminium swinging arm with central spring strut for more sensitive response characteristics.
ABS, ASC plus ‘Rain’ and ‘Road’ riding modes included as standard.
Pro riding modes with ABS Pro and dynamic brake light, DTC and the new riding modes ‘Dynamic’, ‘Enduro’ and ‘Enduro Pro’ (the latter only with the F 850 GS) available as optional equipment ex works.
ESA electronic suspension adjustment available as optional equipment.
A self-amplifying, anti-hopping clutch for a discernible reduction in hand clutch operating force.
Full LED headlight incl. LED daytime running light as optional equipment.
Connectivity with multi-functional instrument cluster and 6.5 inch full-colour TFT display plus numerous features as optional equipment.
Intelligent emergency call function now offered for the first time as optional equipment for the middle class.
Optimised offroad and travel ability plus improved wind and weather protection.
Sharper GS profile resulting from new design.
New colour concepts and style variations Rallye and Exclusive.
A range of optional equipment and accessories that is unique in the middle class, such as Keyless Ride, Gear shift assistant Pro, Dynamic ESA, eCall, Connectivity etc.

2018 BMW F750GS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Waiting on US/Canada Data
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)

F 750 GS F 850 GS
Engine
Capacity cc 853
Bore/stroke mm 84/77
Output kW/hp 57/77 70/95
At engine speed rpm 7,500 8,250
Torque Nm 83 92
At engine speed rpm 6,000 6,250
Type Water-cooled 2-cylinder 4-stroke engine with four rocker arm operated valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts and dry sum lubrication
Compression 12.7/1
Fuel Regular unleaded
91 RON

Premium, unleaded
95 RON (OE: 91 RON)

Valve control DOHC (double overhead camshaft), rocker arms
Valves per cylinder 4
Ø intake/outlet mm 33.5/27.2
Ø Throttle valves mm 48
Engine control BMS-M
Emission control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, exhaust emission standard EU4
Electrical system
Alternator W 416
Battery V/Ah 12/10
Headlight High beam/low beam: 12 V/55 W Halogen (OE: LED headlamp incl. LED daytime riding light)
Rear light LED brake light/rear light
Starter kW 0.9
Power transmission – gearbox
Clutch Multiplate wet clutch (anti-hopping), mechanically controlled
Gearbox Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, integrated in the engine housing
Primary ratio 1.821
Transmission ratios I 2.833
II 2.067
III 1.600
IV 1.308
V 1.103
VI 0.968
Secondary drive Endless O-ring chain with pull damping at the rear wheel hub
Secondary transmission 2.588
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

Re: #353: 2018 BMW F750GS - VOTE TODAY

#2 Unread post by montanalifter »

I was having a hard time making up my mind on this bike but I will give it a cool. I would add some engine and tipover protection for off road duty.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The biggest change in BMW's F series since... well, forever.

Let's jump start this discussion. :revv:

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#4 Unread post by markdcoco »

It has the potential to be 'cool' but not how I voted. It actually seems a little boring when compared to many of the other naked rides available. Combine that with the fact that it's a 'BMW' and the price tag will be over the top... just not that cool.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

1 WEEK CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS EXTENSION BONUS!

As we are now in the 12-days of Christmas Holiday, I think it would be unfair to close off the new 2018 BMW F750GS here when most are out enjoying the holidays, visiting family and friends and wrapping gifts (maybe one for me?). Thus, 1 more week to debate, talk about and vote while you are inbetween the turkey leftovers.

:santa: :sleigh:

Enjoy.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, we got some more votes there. :)

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 BMW F750GS - Coolness Factor = 52.4%
Featured: December 8th, 2017 - December 22nd, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54558
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... 0gs-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 BMW F750GS

Awesome 0
Cool 4
Uncool 3
Fail 0

Total votes: 7

= a Coolwall Factor of 52.4%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: Better than good, it's average! First, I think it is great that BMW is continually updating its models and especially the mid-sized class, like the F750GS. 77hp is all you really need to do anything you want in a light, agile bike. Tour, go on day trips, commute. The Parallel Twin engine design is good, not the best, but good for torque and horsepower with (some) reduction in vibration. But it is good for fuel economy. Riders are concerned about the BMW price of the bike, will it be competitive? Lots of questions to still be answered with a very average 52% rating on the table.

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: "It has the potential to be 'cool' but not how I voted. It actually seems a little boring when compared to many of the other naked rides available." - Markdcoco

Mike

barnes34
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2012 Kawasaki Ninja

Re: #353: 2018 BMW F750GS - Coolness Factor = 52.4%

#8 Unread post by barnes34 »

This sounds a great bike for everyday commute and travel. A little high on the price right for me though.

Brigitte
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: BMW

Re: #353: 2018 BMW F750GS - Coolness Factor = 52.4%

#9 Unread post by Brigitte »

I've always loved motorbikes, but never owned or drove one. I live in Guatemala so there are not a lot of good used deals, so I'm thinking about getting a F750gs, but not exactly sure if it's a good starting point (sounds big) do somebody have any similar experience?

Target Pay and Benefits