LADIES - Footwear

mahgnillig
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by mahgnillig »

I don't have much luck finding boots to fit me. I'm very wary about buying online because the sizing is always different for each boot, even from the same manufacturer. The motorcycle stores (of which there are quite a few) in my area have a very limited range of women's boots. Of the three pairs I have tried on, one was a racing boot and too uncomfortable to wear off the bike, one was a River Road cruiser boot which fit horribly, and one was way too wide... felt like I was wearing a boat :( At the moment I'm wearing some zip up duty boots (leather and nylon), which are better than nothing, but not at the protection level I would like.

I usually wear a 6.5 US (38 ish Euro), and have quite narrow feet. Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#22 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

I have the same problem with footwear. And since I even have trouble finding my size locally, using a catalog or online is can be a godsend.

What I have had luck with is just using my credit card and ordering 2 or 3 sizes that seem in the range of what will fit. When they arrive, I can try on and wear the shoes around the house then keep the one that fits and send the other(s) back. Kind of a PITA, but it works.

Of course, you'll have to make sure about the return policy first.

Pam
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#23 Unread post by Loonette »

Has anyone seen these up close and personal?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/it ... Division=1

They have a wedge-style heel to prevent the heel from getting caught and/or broken off. I love how high the heel is - I'm most comfortable in a high heel. And they have all the other features expected in a riding boot. Just haven't seen them in person yet.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#24 Unread post by Shorts »

Loonette, those look interesting. I think the best thing they did with that style is to close off the heel so it's less dangerous on the pegs.

I think they'll be a love em or hate em type. I don't think I could wear them. I think in the seated position, constantly having your foot in a flexed position would make for some mad leg cramps, especially the anterior shin which would be flexed the entire time you're riding.

Wo knows, they may be comfortable for some ladies. I'm not the good at wearing high heels type :lol: I haven't seen them in person though.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#25 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I'm better off with flat styles as well, Shorts. I rode one day with a pair of boots that have a heel. I wanted to see what it would be like...because they do look so much better....alas....I didn't like it. I have to stick with the flat ones.

Loonette
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#26 Unread post by Loonette »

Shorts wrote:I think in the seated position, constantly having your foot in a flexed position would make for some mad leg cramps, especially the anterior shin which would be flexed the entire time you're riding.
That's what "Scan" mentioned to me as well. I'm usually wearing a 1 1/2" heel, and I spend some riding time rolling my heels downward to stretch out the calf muscles. But with a more severe heel height, it might be more difficult to do that. I probably wouldn't buy these unless I could try them on and wear them around a store for awhile.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Flipper
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2010 Ninja 250

#27 Unread post by Flipper »

I have a pair of Oxtar Sunrays.
They're comfortable and high enough to keep a lot of heat off my legs.

Here they are in action.
2010 Ninja 250
2006 CB600F (sold)
2006 Honda Rebel (sold)

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#28 Unread post by IcyHound »

This is what I wound up with
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/it ... Division=1

I decided to go full race boot. I love them, they are comfy I don't have problems walking around. I also have a big foot so women's shoes and boots are normally not an option when lenght matters. Seems the shoe designers think women all have small narrow feet. Kind of like gear it seems.