LADIES - Footwear

PrettyInPink
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

LADIES - Footwear

#1 Unread post by PrettyInPink »

Hello,

I am new here and am getting prepared for the spring weather and a full season of riding. Riding a bike is new for me (just got my licence in the fall) and am looking at buying a pair of boots for riding.

I was wondering what you wear on your feet when you're on the road?

I've heard mixed reviews about this. Will any pair of boots do, or do you buy boots designed for riding? I find there isn't much selection at the motorcycle shops. I was wearing a pair of hiking boots for my safety course, but they're clunky and make changing gears rather annoying. The sport boots seem to have very little flexibility, I'd like to beable to walk well in the boots I ride in.

Are there boots designed for other purposes that would be ideal for riding?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

cbm
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Footwear

#2 Unread post by cbm »

PrettyInPink wrote:Hello,

I am new here and am getting prepared for the spring weather and a full season of riding. Riding a bike is new for me (just got my licence in the fall) and am looking at buying a pair of boots for riding.

I was wondering what you wear on your feet when you're on the road?

I've heard mixed reviews about this. Will any pair of boots do, or do you buy boots designed for riding? I find there isn't much selection at the motorcycle shops. I was wearing a pair of hiking boots for my safety course, but they're clunky and make changing gears rather annoying. The sport boots seem to have very little flexibility, I'd like to beable to walk well in the boots I ride in.

Are there boots designed for other purposes that would be ideal for riding?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
Hello Fellow Canadian! If Ottawa is like London was this morning you have 4 inches of snow on the ground and your bike is stuck in the garage...

Regarding boots, you might want to check out your local Harley dealer. H-D actually has a fairly extensive line of women's boots which are built for biking but serve well on the road as well. They will run you around $150-200 Cdn. Google some on-line retailers to see some of the selection out there. I have H-D Ace boots, and they're great. Go here http://www.rockys-harley.com/high.htm and search the on-line store to see them and some other women's boots.

Good luck!

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#3 Unread post by Ladymx »

You want to find what is comfortable for you and what will suit the style of riding you do. I have worn steel toe boots for years. Best way to have an over all look is on the computer. The major brand names like alpinestar and icon, amoung the rest, list on there sites ladies apperal. You can find soft leather boots which are like the sport boots which give lots of flexibility when walking they are usually listed as touring boots.

PrettyInPink
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by PrettyInPink »

Yeah, definately some good things to keep in mind. I've been told by some to avoid steel toe boots for one reason or another. But I guess anything goes then. Sneekers would be comfortable but I figure boots would be more protective.

cbm, we actually had rain up here in Ottawa this morning and it's 9 degrees. London is funny that way, it always has strange weather (I lived there for 4 years.) However, my bike is in a shed at the back of the yard and there's still about a foot and a half of snow blocking the door, so i'm hoping the snow'll melt over the next week, 2 at the most or i'll be shovelling. :?

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#5 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

PrettyInPink wrote:Yeah, definately some good things to keep in mind. I've been told by some to avoid steel toe boots for one reason or another. But I guess anything goes then. Sneakers would be comfortable, but I figure boots would be more protective...
Actually, no. You want Motorcycle Specific boots. They'll provide toe and ankle protection from crush injuries (Kevlar is the standard substitute for steel toes, these days), as well as support and burn protection.

I love my CruiserWorks boots, but I think they've stopped production... the owners wanted to get out and RIDE, instead of selling footwear. My other pair of riding boots are Oxtar Jupiter with Goretex lining. They're as comfy as sneakers to walk around in, but give good protection.

Pam
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

So far I have not been able to find any motorcycle boots to fit with the exception of some fancy racing boots. A bit overkill for, but if I have to resort to that I will. In the meantime, I am wearing my sturdy hiking boots.

3wheelsforme
Rookie
Rookie

boots

#7 Unread post by 3wheelsforme »

I have a pair of Pink Baby Fatts they are awesome they are tough and you will not slip with these puppies on,
I love them waited for a trip down south to pick them up.
[/img]

PrettyInPink
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by PrettyInPink »

I was on the HD Canada website yesterday, and I saw a very nice pair of boots for women. It's the first pair I've actually liked, it's too bad there was no price listed 'cause I'd love to know. I may have to make a trip to the dealership this week.

For now I'll stick with my hiking boots.

cbm
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by cbm »

PrettyInPink wrote:I was on the HD Canada website yesterday, and I saw a very nice pair of boots for women. It's the first pair I've actually liked, it's too bad there was no price listed 'cause I'd love to know. I may have to make a trip to the dealership this week.

For now I'll stick with my hiking boots.
It's definitely worth a look...I was really impressed with the HD boots I saw. I wear a ladies 11 and thought I was doomed to men's boots forever, but HD's go up to 11. Anyway, I'm happy now to not feel like I'm walking around in concrete blocks!!

Kim
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Kim »

I bought a pair of Harley boots off eBay. This was an older model boot and they are a little narrow in the toe area. Other than that, I find them very comfy as far as shifting, etc. I don't like a real thick toe. It's harder to "feel" the shifter.
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.