Give your advice..

Should ladies get a motorcycle inspite of others opinions?

Yes
82%
No
No votes
Depends
18%

Total votes: 38

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

Give your advice..

#1 Unread post by Ladymx »

Give your advice for other women riders who are starting out or who have friends/ family that are against them getting a bike.
Should they get the bike, inspite of others opinions?

Sarek
Regular
Regular

#2 Unread post by Sarek »

When I first read this question I thought it was an easy answer. An automatic yes, absolutely. But then I thought about it some more. I think it depends. It depends on what's right for the woman and the circumstances. No one should ride to spite others, it should be about what's right for the rider. And people shouldn't let others keep them from following their hearts either. That's my opinion.

Mer
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by Mer »

If it's something you really have the desire to do, I'd do it regardless of what others said. Yea, it can get rough if your SO doesn't like it, but if they really love you they'd let you do what makes you happy.
Marianne

2005 Honda VTX 1300

rnr262
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by rnr262 »

Depends...I'd say get a bike in most cases, but what if the family can't afford it, or someone has lost a loved one recently due to an accident and it would be too traumatic at the moment.

Ladymx

#5 Unread post by Ladymx »

rnr262 wrote:Depends...I'd say get a bike in most cases, but what if the family can't afford it, or someone has lost a loved one recently due to an accident and it would be too traumatic at the moment.
I can see your point, but if you get thrown from are horse, are you not suppose to get right back on? Some people handle these kinds of situations differently, to deal with them in there own way. You really need to know when to encourage and where to discourage.

If the money isnt there, and your taking food, shelter or education from the family for a bike that isnt right.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

This is the first Poll i voted on!

:D -- "YES" of course, because it's pretty clear to me that ultimately above all other things we all should do what our hearts draw us to do.

I guess the the correct approach is always the tricky part, and is different for different people. Some like to take things slow (like new girlfriends), and some like to run in overjoyed with a new experience (like a happy cat finding a new toy!)
:roll2:
Add a little common sense, figure things out, consider the risks, (the rewards are generally easier to see, although the rewards often grow and grow, as I have found with ongoing riding, new having experiences & learning new skills, and meeting new people)
:boat:
anyway. all fun. you just need to be around people with a good attitude, who will help you out, if things go a little awry. Gotta give some trust and earn some trust.

A little faith in yourself and in others... :group:

//monkey

:spreadtheword:
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran

#7 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

I said that the answer to the question is yes, because ultimatly we are the ones who have to live with ourselves and our decisions, however, this dosen't give us permission to run roughshod over the thoughts and opnions of those who love us and want only our best. As I have had to do with my mother, you sometimes have to be willing to defend your choices but at the same time respect their fears and be willing to address them.

Becca

Just my opnion of course.
The only time when evil can triamph, is when good men do nothing!

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#8 Unread post by Scott58 »

It's your life. Live it as you see fit.
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#9 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

I'm inclined to agree with Mer. A person should except you for who you are, My mum used to worry about me going on bikes, but she couldnt say much cause she did when she was younger, and as her mother before her, my Grandmother used to ride pillion on my grandads motorbike. But I'm 46yrs and still ride pillion to this very day. my eldest daughter had a boyfriend with a bike, I wouldnt stop her from having fun! When your times up its up! A bike just gives you so much pleasure, I couldnt deny that to anyone.
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by chickenhawk »

Do whatcha want to, just ride safe.