Ladies-Looking for cruisers,sat on sportbike, now conflicted

scan
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#21 Unread post by scan »

Sorry to chime in on a ladies chat, but just wanted to say I love riding a standard. It is easy on my back. Balance is fantastic.

Why this little fella here is the baby brother of my bike -

http://jarle.eltelevest.no/Kawasaki/Ima ... F9_blk.jpg

ZRX400II represent. Available where? Japan. You have the cream of the crop for bikes where you live. And it seem like standard lover's heaven.

Anyway, check out a lot of things. Bikes are the kind of thing each person has to figure out what fits best. And sometimes considering the tasks you want your bike to perform is important.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#22 Unread post by sharpmagna »

My buddy told me about an electric shifter mod for sport bikes he was looking into. Apparently it does away with having to use the clutch to upshift/downshift, all you have to do is push a button. I think you still need it for stopping/starting though, but at least it removes it from the equation a bit.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Shorts »

Been looking at some standards all day, I like the Honda Jade. The Zeal, Hornet and Bandit are interesting. Usually though, the issue with the standard bikes is seat height. Hopefully I can see some in person. Different internet sites sometimes have conflicting info. So, its hard to say just looking at numbers.

I tootled around this afternoon on the dirtbike, worked on turns and just generally observing how the bike reacted to different inputs. I've learned minibikes are really easy to toss around with the legs on the pegs and countersteering :laughing:

I have looked into the pushbutton/clutchess shifters, but I didn't really like what I saw for the money. I didn't like clutchless downshifting (seemed tough on the bike) and I'm still left with using the clutch lever at stops and starts. So, it doesn't really help that what I think for me to be the most critical areas using the clutch. If I can master stopping and starting with my setup, I can get the hang of up/downshifts. Plus I'd be adding another button to the right hand, and still needing the clutch lever. So no advantage there. I also still wanted to shift gears with my foot. I figure I can still do that so, why not?

There are several on the market. Klicktronic and Pugel(sp?) come to mind out of the handful I've come across. A couple systems do offer a fuel delivery interupt so you don't have to release the throttle to shift. I thought that was cool. Now if those systems were two part that had a similary activated piston, but on the clutch cable there at the tranny, and timed just ahead of the gear shift.... of course, that doesn't leave any wiggle room for using the clutches friction zone. Ahh, thoughts.

Actually, depending on tough the clutch is, I might end up tossing in an Easy Clutch just to make it that much easier on my hand.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#24 Unread post by Shorts »

Went back to Red Baron today to look at bikes and hit the other shop for gloves and a jacket. They had a FZR250R now. The GPX250RII (Ninja250) was still there. And my sweet tooth, CBr250RR was there.

I think that's the one I want. Here's a pic (not actualu, but same color scheme and year):

Out the door will be 380,000yen. I could get the other bikes for much much cheaper (210,000yen and 300,000), but resale on the CBR250RR will be better, especially since I cannot ship this bike with me to the States. Besides, selling a Baby Blade to a young airman on base shouldn't be too hard.

What do you think? Does it match my helmet?

On that note, I need armor, insulated for the wind chill here, any suggestions?

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#25 Unread post by jmillheiser »

that is quite the lil 250 there. I would take that over a ninjette in a heartbeat, better looking and better engine to boot.

If you feel more comfortable on the sportbike I would go for it. Im suprised there is a shortage of standards there with low seat heights. I have heard the 250 and 400 bandits have pretty low seat heights. I know as a fact that the big bandits are NOT for the inseam challenged, I am 5'10" w/ a 32" inseam and I cant flatfoot my 600 bandit.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#26 Unread post by Shorts »

Actually, there are a fair number of good motorcycles available in JPN. Unfortunately, they're available at the opposite end of the country. So, we have to make due with what's around.

If I do end up with that bike, I'm also going to try to import it back to the States when we move. We'll see.

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#27 Unread post by sharpmagna »

Shorts wrote:If I do end up with that bike, I'm also going to try to import it back to the States when we move. We'll see.
Bring one back for me too! That CBR250 is HOT HOT HOT!
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#28 Unread post by Shorts »

sharpmagna wrote:
Shorts wrote:If I do end up with that bike, I'm also going to try to import it back to the States when we move. We'll see.
Bring one back for me too! That CBR250 is HOT HOT HOT!

Wouldn't that be great?? :biker: I've been doing my homework for importing. I found it is eligible for import with a few easy modifications. I don't have word on the cost though, which is kinda scarey! :tomato: