LADIES - First Bike for a chubby gal????

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#21 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jmillheiser wrote:Congrats on the new bike. We have been trying to find a bike for my wife, she is about your weight just a little taller (shes 5'3") She can flat foot most cruisers, but forward controls are difficult for her to reach.

She rode a GZ250 at the MSF course, her biggest compalint about the GZ was that she could drag the pegs on it without trying.

I find that short bike list a little amusing. It says someone 5'5" and over can flatfoot a bandit 600. I'm 5'10" and I cant even flat foot my bandit 600.
Can you change the seat so that your wife will be seated more forward?

My friend's bike has a seat that is too small for him....it was actually a custom seat for someone else....but the seat pushes him forward and gives him less leg room because of it.

It might be what a short person needs.

MicheleZ
Elite
Elite

Corbin....

#22 Unread post by MicheleZ »

I have a Honda VLX Deluxe and I had it lowered two inches so I could flat foot with ease (I am 5 foot 1). I also had a custom corbin solo seat made for me because I couldn't reach the shifter and rear foot brake pedal easily. Everytime I took off I had to "scoot" myself forward in order to reach everything. Now, I don't have to scoot at all - the seat has positioned me perfectly where I need to be to reach everything with ease. I am SO MUCH MORE comfortable on the bike now. I called Corbin, told them what bike I had, what my inseam was and what I weigh - that was all they needed in order to make a perfect seat for me. I can get my feet down even better now (they shaved the sides) and the back of the seat is very very much thicker than the stock seat. I am so pleased with this seat because it has made reaching the foot controls so much easier. I even have a bend in my legs :laughing: I think the seat is comfortable but I am really padded in my backside :laughing: