LADIES - Any tips to pass along to Monica (bluemonkie99)?

Candy750
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Candy750 »

You could not be more nervouse than I was!

- if you notice something wrong about the bike, tell them you want a different one early on. I should have, but didn't.
Candy 750

bluemonkie99
Regular
Regular

#12 Unread post by bluemonkie99 »

I PASSED! we literally just got back from Richmond where we took the class. I had a blast! Our instructors were awesome, the weather ended up being glorious. I learned a lot, and definitely have more confidence...and i didn't totally embarrass myself. I did do worse on the test than i had hoped...got 7 points making mistakes on exercises that i had been doing well previously, but i let my nerves take over. now i just have to retake the written test at the DMV since my permit expired 11 days ago and then i will be licensed. woohoo. I did have a lot of fun. the class was a great experience. i read over the advice everyone had written right before the test. i realized i love weaving in and out of cones, and i actually can make tight turns. now, after a few more parking lot lessons and back road rides, i may convince steven i am ready to handle riding "amongst the cages". so excited, thanks all, for your support and advice.
"No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all."

2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250, a.k.a Rawley
1985 Honda VF 500c Magna V30 (my enemy)

jct
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#13 Unread post by jct »

HOORAY! :D

Fantastic news--- don't you feel great? It's a super accomplishment.

I actually went on my first highway (more like a curvy parkway) ride yesterday and had a blast.

Hope you guys had a fun celebratory dinner and I'll bet your guy (mine is a Steven as well, LOL) is absolutely thrilled.

All the best and congrats again,

Jil
2007 H-D XL883 Low

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#14 Unread post by Loonette »

Congratulations! Sounds like you did really well and had a great time to boot. Nice job!!

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#15 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Oh she had a blast. I'll detail the whole thing later in my blog but when we were split into two different groups, the instructors kept asking me how many years Mon has been riding. They didn't believe that it was a few lessons with me before hitting the course. :laughing:
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#16 Unread post by KarateChick »

Way to go. Glad you enjoyed it. Congrats!
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]