LADIES: Are you "mechanically inclined"?

maggy
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by maggy »

I think the name was darsak: Hey good to know about the woman only MC. CLASS. when I get moved to az I will see if they have it to offer. In the mean time, I will read all the material I can so I will be able to know what terms mean. Thanks for the information.
My DH is mechanical but terrible teacher. He can't teach.
thanks again
Maggy
RIDE TO LIVE
MAGGY
[img]http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/359/00/10100516231167109485.jpg[/img]

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran

#22 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

I am actually pretty good with reading the mannuel, as long as it has pictures that show me the exact places to work. :) I fixed my kill switch and replaced the battery with only the mannuel and my common sense as a guide.

Rebecca :)
The only time when evil can triamph, is when good men do nothing!

maggy
Rookie
Rookie

#23 Unread post by maggy »

Right on, I just found the book my DH had for my bike. It is the Clymer Honda vt750 Shadow : service, repair amd ,maintenance. It has the pictures with it. Far out.
Good for you by the way. way to go.
Maggy
RIDE TO LIVE
MAGGY

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#24 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Well, yesterday and Thursday, I replaced the shocks on my BMW. Ohlins, Wo0t!

Hubby had to help with the "muscle stuff." It is a job you just cannot do by yourself. Needed to make a couple runs to Sears for some Torx sockets - needed an EXTERNAL Torx socket, then one size between the two sets we have, of course.

The bike rides like a dream now.

3900 miles to the 24K service. Will have to open up the gas tank to replace the fuel filter. They say that that task is the least fun of any of the maintenance tasks.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Chromie
Rookie
Rookie

#25 Unread post by Chromie »

Hey Girls!
Pretty new here, so this may be a good topic to dive in on and say hello at the same time.
I'm Chromie, and I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Hubby is not, so it's up to me if I wanna save money.
I had an older Kawasaki 700 LTD and wrenched on that thing all the time. I rebuilt the four carbs, and did my oil changes........ although I'd rather ride than do too much wrenching. I had to work on the older bike more than I got to ride and I finally sold it. Bringing home my VSTAR 1100 on Monday the 29th!
Looking forward to getting to know you girls!
I'm not just pretty baggage, I ride my own!

maggy
Rookie
Rookie

#26 Unread post by maggy »

Hi Chromie: It is good to hear how so many woman are so mechanical. I hope to be a little at least one day.
Hey Congradulations on your new bike. I am sure you will just love it.
Maggy
RIDE TO LIVE
MAGGY

mac_3457
Rookie
Rookie

#27 Unread post by mac_3457 »

Honestly, I can thank my dad when I was little teaching me stuff on my car. I eventually had to move away from home to Reno, NV for college and my dad, while using my hands free cell, would talk to me over the cell telling me how to fix something. So I learned quiet a bit. When it comes to bikes, I know the basics. Oil, battery, fluids. However, I do have friends in high places that have been helping me learn about the other various parts on my bike and how to fix, replace, or even modify the look of my bike. I'm looking forward to learning more and more though. :D

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#28 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I know a few things, but I am going to have to learn a whole lot more. Maintaining a motorcycle is even more expensive than maintaining a car.

My last service would have cost $700.00 :shock: but I didn't get the swingarm(?) bearings done so it only cost me a bit over $500.00 instead. :roll:

I opted to get the steering bearings done last time and can have the other ones done the next time.

mahgnillig
Rookie
Rookie

#29 Unread post by mahgnillig »

I'm pretty mechanically minded, but sometimes I get in over my head and wish I'd never started. Same goes for everything else I own too... I can't own something without taking it apart and modding the heck out of it!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#30 Unread post by Shorts »

mahgnillig wrote:I'm pretty mechanically minded, but sometimes I get in over my head and wish I'd never started. Same goes for everything else I own too... I can't own something without taking it apart and modding the heck out of it!
:innocent2: you too??? :mrgreen: