LADIES - Yet another newbie! Riding advice please!

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by shalihe74 »

I would also add that building confidence comes from pushing a bit out of our comfort zones. So try to not wait too long to venture out - you might develop a sort of mental atrophy.
Very very true. Sometimes you need a push to get outside of the comfort zone. I recall learning, toodling around in my subdivision at 30 for a while and deciding to go to the store one day. Quiet... no traffic... pull out onto the road... made it to the store (doing 30-35 in a 45). Yay! Time to go back... quiet... pull out... where'd all these cars come from?! Shoot, I need to do the speed limit or at least close! ohgodohgodohgod... hey, I'm... speeding. WHEE! :D
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#22 Unread post by blues2cruise »

allihay wrote:Hi Shalihe74 -
Thanks for the reply, and yes, your advice did help. I think I am going to listen to my gut and stay in my neighborhood for now. I will get out there when I feel it is right. I wish I had someone to ride with, but we only have 1 bike!! We have friends in the neighborhood that have a dual-sport, they said my hubby could borrow it, but I don't know how serious they were. I don't think I'd want to loan out my bike. My husband went down in a gravel patch in a parking lot and put a nice crack in the plastic under the seat. I'm pretty peeved about it. I wanted all the dings and scratches to be my own! I'm thinking about taking off the factory decals and replacing them with sparkles. Then he won't want to ride it so much!
So, is the bike all sparkly now? :laughing: