LADIES - What would you do?

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by Veda »

So did you end up getting a bike anyway?

Noticed you are in MA. Where abouts? You're welcome to come riding with Nalian and I. We're always looking to meet more female riders in the area.

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#42 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Duffy wrote:...So I really started pushing for one early spring this year. So even though I have always longed for a bike I have only made my desire known (strongly) these last few months, since spring. We've been married 3 years, been together 8 years. We have date night every saturday and generally get along very well, still very affectionated.
We kinda talk. I try to bring up the subject on the side, so I don't stir up his ire and what I gather it's because he is worried about me killing myself. He doesn't wont to lose me. So he can't help being resentful about the whole thing. Does that makes sense? My new hobby might kill me, so why should he like it and support it?

I've told him that it's scary but fun to do the classes and he should do them. And even though he may not want his own bike right now, he could still try mine if and when he gets the notion. He said that sounds okay........./me crosses fingers. Bring him over to the dark side :wink: may be able to convert him yet.
Thanks for the timeline!

I guess to him this is quite sudden. Keep him in the loop.

I dearly hope you intend to wear full gear when you ride. From full face helmet, to motorcycle boots and full finger gloves. Just starting out wearing gear from the beginning will probably help put his mind at ease.

Keep us in the loop!

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Duffy
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#43 Unread post by Duffy »

I have my bike already. I bought a silver 2007 ninja 250. I use a full face helmet and always wear it. I have the boots too and love them, they are more comfy than my sneakers. I haven't got gloves yet but I am using leather general use ones from Home Depot. I think the longer I am at it he'll relax as the novelty of it wears off.

I live in Haverhill Massachusetts. And yeah, that would be really cool if we could perhaps meet up and go riding. Right now I don't go on the highway yet. I only been riding for a few weeks and I am still learning everything. I am slowly gaining confidence though. Thanks for the invite :D