Ladies - Evil looks from nonriding women, why?

RozStar
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#61 Unread post by RozStar »

There is nothing worse than a good-looking man-stealing tramp on a bike! At least that's how hip huggers are seeing you. You should be proud that there are that many women hating life because they can't be you. I just got my bike (haven't started riding yet) and already I'm hearing stupid stuff from non-riding women tool. We can't help it if they're scared to live life and be in control. Hip huggers are never in control of anything but their hips and their lips.

If you were butt ugly there would be no problem. Heaven forbid if you should wear lipstick! there might be a fight :laughing: Ride on sista, ride on!

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#62 Unread post by Veda »

Hehe - "hip huggers" that's a great term.

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#63 Unread post by Loonette »

RozStar wrote:Hip huggers are never in control of anything but their hips and their lips.
That's a pretty harsh generalization there. I mean, I'm sure that it might be true for some of the women, but I'm also pretty sure that some of the pillion women on these forums might not agree with what you're saying. I am best friends with a "hip hugger". She got her MC license two years ago, but has been too poor being a single mom to afford her own bike. So she rides on the back with her boyfriend (his bike is too large, heavy, and clumsy to use as a learner bike).

As I believe I mentioned in my post on this topic (it's been awhile), I don't try to guess why someone has any kind of look on their face. If they seem P.O.ed, I just move on. If they're non responsive to a friendly "hello", then I move on. Then again, this is all just my view of things - doesn't make it right or wrong. I guess I just haven't had as many bad experiences with non-riding women as some others have.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

RozStar
Rookie
Rookie

#64 Unread post by RozStar »

You're right, Loonette, and I apologize to all the hip huggers who fit in that category. It took me a minute to be able to afford my own bike also. It can be an expensive hobby as I am beginning to discover. When I look at other ladies riding their own bikes, it's always with admiration and respect, as it should be.

jct
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#65 Unread post by jct »

Hah!

I had to re-post in this thread now that I *am* riding my own bike. This afternoon I was all geared up and getting ready to go for a ride with my husband (our first Interstate Hwy ride, BTW) when my absolutely, positively DREADFUL next-store neighbor came out and gave me such a look of distain that I almost died laughing. Full-face helmets can be useful at moments like that -- presumably she missed out on my muttered response.

What a harridan. :evil:

JT

Oh, and the ride went great -- love my new windshield. Wish the cagers weren`'t so aggressive here in NY, but as long as I always expect them to do something stupid I'm never disappointed.
2007 H-D XL883 Low

NJ-Pinay
Veteran
Veteran

#66 Unread post by NJ-Pinay »

Oh...the infamous neighbors. I have one across the street who is the coolest guy ever who also rides. When he saw me, he was so shocked & probably thought my husband was crazy.

Ladies...ride proud and ride safe :wink:
Blue 05 GS500F - no mods yet!

yellowrookie
Rookie
Rookie

#67 Unread post by yellowrookie »

I know this is a very old post, and it is possible that my response has been said - although I read the first 3 or so pages and didn't see it, but anyways, the reason I feel compelled to reply is because this issue has bothered me.

I think Honestly, one of the reasons I want to learn (besides the fact I grow up with bikes, have A LOT of tomboy in me, and always have the need to know 'for myself) is because ok, are you ready, this MIGHT tick some off, but here it goes.....I am sick of the looks from women "drivers"

THE EVIL LOOKS come from the WOMEN WHO "drive" (we are all riding IMO). I cannot tell you how many women have this serious "attitude", none of them are friendly and socialize like the guys do, they all have a freakin chip on their shoulder. I GET the dirty looks from them, like I am some kind of frilly girl who is afraid to get my finger nails dirty. For the record "OUR" bike was picked out BY ME and the loan finalized BEFORE THE OLD MAN EVEN SEEN THE BIKE.

Our harley is OUR harley- we both work on it, we both share the expense and we both spend the same amount of time on it, and we both LOVE it, and we BOTH ride. :D

But now I wonder - when I do start driving regularly - but choose to 'ride' behind my husband at times (because we have a lot of fun together - talking, touching, enjoying each other) the evil looks I get - should I wear a patch that says "I RIDE MY OWN". :P

ok, I vented now hope I didn't over step my rookie bounds :oops:

ETA: Ladies, after reading through some more, I think I am right, I think the ladies who "drive" do kind of have an attitude, a I am better than you type attitude. There are a lot of nasty, nasty things said by the ladies here about pillion riders. I wonder why everyone seems sooo threatened by the others. Where I grew up, bikers are bikers, front and back seat.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#68 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Just ignore them.
I never get evil looks when I ride pillion for a change. I quite enjoy taking a ride as a passenger sometimes. And if someone does look down their nose at me....it's because they are immature and/or insecure...
Don't let them bother you. There are men attitudes as well. (Usually the 1%'ers. :laughing: )

Maybe the evil looking women you see secretly wish they had a nice guy to ride behind.... :wink:

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#69 Unread post by IcyHound »

I don't think I give anyone nasty looks. I'm just puzzled by people that ride on the back. It never occurs to me they might not want to ride their own.

I had Mantis's rear pegs/brackets off within 3 days of owning him. I really can't comprehend climbing on the back of someones motorcycle. If I look at a passenger I assume she hasn't thought to get her own bike yet and it will occur to her.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl
I ride Mantis - Yamaha FZ6

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#70 Unread post by KarateChick »

blues2cruise wrote:... Maybe the evil looking women you see secretly wish they had a nice guy to ride behind.... :wink:
Bingo! :laughing:
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]