Ladies - Evil looks from nonriding women, why?

mazer
Elite
Elite

#121 Unread post by mazer »

I was going to post a reply on this subject, but I just got onto this forum and I like it, and I dont want to get kicked off, so I will just play nice and be quiet....

CYNWAGON
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#122 Unread post by CYNWAGON »

MZ33 wrote:Is that a Suzuki M50 that I spy with my little eye as your avitar? 8)
Yes it is! Very excited!! Sorry that the pic is so bad - might have to take one with the camera on my phone...
It was a surprise! :D

kawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

#123 Unread post by kawgurl »

JenM wrote: There is definitely something sexual about a woman "riding" a bike........ Confidence. Control. Self assurance. All necessary for riding, and all very sexy attributes!
I think you've nailed it here, JenM. Everyone in here was, at one time, a NON RIDER- and I know I was sure jealous of women who rode their own! Not in a bad, mean, catty way - but in a "damn I wish I could do that" kinda way - you all know what I'm talking about. Nothing makes me feel as empowered as riding my bike - and if I ever experienced a negative comment or look, well - it's their issue, not mine!
[b]~Robyn~[/b]
'09 Kawi Nomad 1700

[i]"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes."[/i] ~Author Unknown

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#124 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I experienced a cold chill last weekend form the look I got from a woman riding her own bike.....

There were three riders.....the first 2 were men....the third the woman....

A few of us were standing by our bikes as the trio went by....the 2 men smiled and waved; I waved back...then I smiled and waved at the woman....yikes.....I thought an Arctic front had suddenly moved in......the look of disdain in her face...she lifted her nose......

I was not the only one to feel that chill......I guess she figured she was special because she was on a HD.....sigh.....who cares?

kawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

#125 Unread post by kawgurl »

blues2cruise wrote:I was not the only one to feel that chill......I guess she figured she was special because she was on a HD.....sigh.....who cares?
Have seen this many times....quite honestly, I think they are scared to lift a hand from the handlebars for fear of dumping that expensive bike over! :laughing:
[b]~Robyn~[/b]
'09 Kawi Nomad 1700

[i]"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes."[/i] ~Author Unknown

Funderbird
Veteran
Veteran

Jaw dropping

#126 Unread post by Funderbird »

I often get smacked by my better half when I see a woman on a bike and get a goofy grin. I don't know what iit is, I gawk at female mechanics as well. Don't get me wrong I think it is awsome in both cases and I think the two are hot. Perhaps it is the women that don't understand or agree with egual rights and feel threatened by women that do something that is predomently a male past time.

My uncles "old Lady" (he calls her that not me) is a long haul trucker. She is as lady like as they come but she still drives that truck. As I said before, it is the other women that have a problem. Additional, maybe the world has this sterio typical view of what or who a biker or rider should be and the way they should act. I know that when I tell friends or other workers I ride, they all of a sudden treat me differantly. It could be that people have a preconvieve notion of a biker.
2007 Boulevard M50 Limited edition

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#127 Unread post by MZ33 »

......the look of disdain in her face...she lifted her nose......

I was not the only one to feel that chill......I guess she figured she was special because she was on a HD.....sigh.....who cares?
I think some people can only raise their self-esteem by trying to lower that of others, even if it is only in their own eyes. Seems kind of feeble and pitiful to me, but there it is.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#128 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I was riding pillion today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have been sick with bronchitis all week and was not up to riding my own....
so....Doc picked me up so I could still go on the ride with a few other riders today.
I had to wear a mask under my helmet to prevent the cold air going into my lungs, but otherwise it was a great day.
I didn't give anyone evil looks.....

Oh...there was one incident where a cager was following one of our group so close and almost taking her lane.....I tuned around on the seat and pointed my camera at the car...... :twisted: the car backed off after that....
Nothing like getting wrongdoing on film.....or should I say pixels.

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#129 Unread post by MZ33 »

pointed my camera at the car
:laughing: :laughing: You weren't riding pillion, Blues, you were riding shotgun! I'll bet you're the only one that keeps her camera out when on back, but it is a great idea.

:photo:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]