It's a new year, ladies

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

It's a new year, ladies

#1 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I thought it might be interesting to hear what we all have planned for the this year.
Any new bikes on the horizon?
New gear?
Special trips?
Rides?
Clubs?

I can start with what I did today.

I joined some club members for the 2nd annual polar bear ride/swim. We all met at the usual meeting place to ride together to the swim location.
3 members of our club went for a dip into the ocean and then received a certificate. I am one of the people that stays on shore to laugh and take pictures.
We then ride somewhere for lunch before departing for home.

So that was the first official function of our local club.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

I'm looking forward to having the full riding season. Hopefully I'll be hitting the streets full force and DH and I can both ride up and out for the random day trips we've been talking about.

Sounds like the Polar bear run was chilly! :mrgreen:

darsek
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by darsek »

Hi ladies,

Well, this will be my first full year of riding as I started in July of 06. I am riding a Ninja 500 now but am hoping to trade up this coming summer...I'm looking at the Suzuki "Wee-Strom" 650. Also will be taking the MSF advanced rider course and reading David Hough's books...as well as getting started on some MC maintenance. Whew!
Oh almost forgot...will be wearing beautiful Spidi leather jacket my sweetie got me for x-mas :inlove:
Happy New Year to everyone, and happy riding!

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#4 Unread post by Loonette »

No new bike in the plans, but hopefully (please, please, please), in an attempt to spare my tailbone further abuse, I will be able to at least get a new seat for my bike - maybe risers for the steering bars as well. Aside of that, I might invest in getting some of the chrome bits on the bike powder coated.

This summer I plan to take a longer trip through Michigan. My brother was contacted by some old school mates of ours, and they would like to see me again; one living on the west coast of Michigan, with the other living near our hometown in south/mid Michigan (and my dad, who also rides, still lives in my hometown). Combined with my mom who is near the UP and our regular crowd of friends in the Detroit area, I might like to spend a full week riding around the Great Lakes State.

I have thought about doing an organized ride in the Blue Ridge Mountains (with a different web forum group), but it will depend on $. I can't easily afford hotel stays, and I'm not sure if I'd want to venture into solo camping just yet. But my Michigan trip would be a load of fun anyway, so I wouldn't be too upset if I don't head south this summer.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

February will mark a full year that i've been riding! I know, it's just a drop in the bucket for some that have been riding longer. I'm happy to have made it without any major incident, just a couple of oh crap incidents...lol

No new bike in the horizon, and probably not for a couple of years. I'm really enjoying my bike, although I could use a backrest and some adjusting in the handle bars, and maybe some additional touring lights up front. The goodies list never does end does it?

My husband and I are planing a trip to Maggie Valley, NC in May 07 with a group from another forum. We're really looking forward to it since we've never been in that area before. We're in the process of planning the route and estimating how long it's going to take us etc...

Overall I just plan to get out there as much as I can!
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

Lion_Lady
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#6 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Well, I'm looking forward to some more cool trips with my daughter... she's in 11th grade so I envision at least one visit to a nearby college campus via motorcycle. :wink:

Expect to make it to at least one of the big national BMW rallies with hubby: There's the BMWRA rally to be held at the Biltmore Hotel grounds, in NC, and then we've got friends in WI, where the BMWMOA rally is to be held.

Then of course there are the miriad other motorcycle events and such thru the year. Didn't ride on New Years day, mostly because the weather really sucked.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

mac_3457
Rookie
Rookie

Hopefully when I'm done with work

#7 Unread post by mac_3457 »

Well I do hope I will get some fun rides in when the summer rolls around. I'm currently a college softball coach so my spring is pretty booked. Anyways, hoping a good friend of mine finally gets her dream bike a Ninja 500 so we both can go for a ride just us two gals.

I currently ride a 06' Honda CBR F4i and I love it. If she doesn't get her bike, I do have a couple of buddies who ride and hope to go exploring with them, if they don't leave me in the dust. I just started riding in July of 06'.

blues2cruise

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Congratulations on getting into riding. It's an awesome way to get around and you will most likely meet some great new people who share the lifestyle.

mj5898
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by mj5898 »

I am so looking forward to the riding season here in KY. Particularly since I am planning to purchase an '07 Suzuki S50 as soon as the weather clears for good :mrgreen: - just can't stand the thoughts of having a great new bike sitting in the garage waiting to be ridden.

Our WOW Chapter is very active so there will be lots of rides this year. Plus, the big WOW conference in St. Louis to which I am hoping to ride in July.

Ride Safe ladies!!! :lol:
MJ

'06 Ninja 250 AKA Red Devil

Partnership for an Idiot Free America

blues2cruise

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I have no plans to upgrade to a bigger bike as yet due to the fact that I have no extra money. I enjoy the bike I have and I figure since it served me well on my road trip in the fall, it can serve me well for another year.

I may invest in a gel pad, though for my next road trip.

Which brings me to.....I have 5 weeks booked off from my work for the month of June.
My plan at the moment is to ride across Canada. I have never seen the rest of my country so I figure I better do it while I still can.

So many people keep telling me I need a bigger bike if I want to tour. I say to heck with them. I can make do. If my bike took me to California and back along the coast and through the mountains and took me into the interior of BC...through the mountains...it can certainly take me across Canada.

Next month I will start my research into roads to travel, places to see, and places to stay.