Newbie checking in

allihay
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Newbie checking in

#1 Unread post by allihay »

Hi-
My name is Allison, and I am very new to this sport. I passed my BRC this weekend (2nd try). I feel fortunate that in my state (CA), if you don't pass, you can take the evaluation again, but you can also take the whole course again if you want. That's what I chose to do.

My Dad is a MSF RiderCoach in GA. I've always said I would go through the course one day..... Now I have 3 kids, 11,9,& 5, and live far away from him in CA. My Dad was recently diagnosed with Stage IV cancer, so I guess I am flailing - looking for a connection. But, I did take the course, got my permit, got my gear and got a bike. (Ninja 250). I really love the feeling of being on the bike and in control. I think I am quite wimpy. I'm really nervous about getting out on a main road. So, I will ride in parking lots and around my neighborhood until I don't feel that apprehension anymore.

Nice to meet you all.
Allison

jacks
Regular
Regular

#2 Unread post by jacks »

Welcome and our thoughts are with you and your dad.

rt1maillady
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by rt1maillady »

Hi Allison,
I posted elsewhere but wanted to again say Congrats on the course. I had to retest also so I know how tough it can be. Great job to redo the class too. We didn't have that option.
Good riding and hope that you and your dad enjoy the movie.
Rt1maillady

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by KarateChick »

Allison,

I'll say CONGRATS again. Glad you stuck with it and went at it again after the first time didn't work...you just needed a bit more time is all. Says you, "I think I am quite wimpy"... says me (and I bet your kids & hubby too), "No way! You aren't a quitter and you got guts gal!"

Have fun and enjoy your bike & the riding. :D

Best wishes to you & your dad.
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

allihay
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by allihay »

Thanks everyone for the good wishes for my Dad.
KarateChick, you are right! I'm not that much of a wimp if I'm out there on my bike. I will check out the Kawi Owners Group. May be after the 13th, when I get home again.
Thanks!
Allison

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#6 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Congratulations on passing, Best wishes for your father and Welcome. I was glad to see you passed the second time around.

:bike6: