LADIES - Can you tell?

darsek
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

LADIES - Can you tell?

#1 Unread post by darsek »

Hey girls,

Just wondering if anyone else feels kind of androgynous while out riding. I know it shouldn't really matter but I want people to know I'm a girl under all those layers of gear. I think people can tell because I have a braid coming out of the back of my helmet but otherwise... :dunno: The worst thing is the textile overpants, they're so bulky and shapeless.
Maybe it's just in my head because I can usually tell if it's a girl on a bike, I think. Does anyone do anything to glam up their gear?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

My jacket is shaped enough so that I am recognizable as a woman. Or so so say my male riding friends.
My plain black helmet has a few heart stickers on it and a bee decal. Other than that, I rely on the shock value taking off the helmet and then folks see the hair and the makeup. :laughing:

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#3 Unread post by flynrider »

Don't mean to butt in here ladies, but Darsek, I think something like this would do the trick :laughing:

Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

darsek
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by darsek »

:laughing: love it! But since my bike is already purple, maybe I'll just get a pink backpack to strap on with my cargo net.

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#5 Unread post by shalihe74 »

Ditto what blues2cruise said: my jacket has enough shape to show off my, er... shape.

That and, according to guys I've ridden with, I do "something" with my hips in turns that they say gives away the fact that I'm a girl, too. What that "something" is, I have no idea cuz they've never been able to pinpoint it. :dunno: Boys.
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Shorts »

shalihe74 wrote:Ditto what blues2cruise said: my jacket has enough shape to show off my, er... shape.

That and, according to guys I've ridden with, I do "something" with my hips in turns that they say gives away the fact that I'm a girl, too. What that "something" is, I have no idea cuz they've never been able to pinpoint it. :dunno: Boys.

:laughing: Guys are dirty! Actually women are able to move their hips a little better than guys, part of that is just basic anatomy with the angles of the hip and femur bones. Another part is ladies hips are already shapely compared to guys, so the visual affect of any movement is amplified.

I'm in the same camp as Blues about a shaped/fitted jacket and the shock value of pulling the helmet off to reveal 'a chick' :mrgreen: I always thought that was cool. Kinda like you see in the movies where the camera goes to superslow motion and the electric guitar in the background music gets slidy and steamy as the biker girl takes of her helmet and does the whole sexy hair flip. All the while the guys at the gas station are googly-eyed jaw-dropped. lol I'd think "I wanna be like that girl!"

blues2cruise

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Another thing you can do if your jacket is a bit on the boxy side and doesn't show your shape.......

Go to your fabric store and look for an applique or two...There is quite a variety of feminine type ones in both sew on and iron on.

There are also online places that sell patches such as "Lady Biker" with a rose in the pattern. Something like that on your jacket would help to show you are a woman underneath the armour.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#8 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I've never had trouble telling. Some guys though... :laughing:
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Skel3tor1
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by Skel3tor1 »

storysunfolding wrote:I've never had trouble telling. Some guys though... :laughing:
My fiance and her friend were riding behind me in my fiance's car and I was leading the way and her friend said that I looked like a girl.

Talk about an ego boost.....NOT! LOL.
[img]http://www.skel3tor1.com/images/bikesigtm.jpg[/img]
Michael
Honda Rebel 250
[url=http://www.skel3tor1.com/main/blogs/index.php?blog=9]View[/url] my motorcycle blog or [url=http://www.youtube.com/skel3tor1]Watch[/url] my videos.

blues2cruise

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Here you go....and it's colour coordinated for your bike. :)