Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

LADIES - NATIONAL FEMALE RIDE DAY – MAY 4th

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

NATIONAL FEMALE RIDE DAY – MAY 4th
April 20, 2007 - KYMCO Canada Press Release

KYMCO Canada is proud to be a sponsor of this year’s National Female Ride Day taking place across the country on May 4th. The event, intended to increase Female Rider Awareness, is being highly publicized throughout over 1000 dealerships across Canada.

Invites female riders to ride their scooters or motorcycles on May 4th in the hopes that their actions will encourage other women to explore the exciting world of riding!

KYMCO Canada encourages all female KYMCO riders to take a photo of themselves with their bike on May 4th.

Help us make National Female Ride Day a success!!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

If you do get the opportunity to be out on your ike on May 4th and take a photo of you on your bike, please do share it here :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#3 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Who's going for a ride on Friday???

I hope to get my bike back from the mechanics in time. It is having new mufflers and throttle cables put on. I've got my fingers crossed!

Friday's weather in Calgary: 12°C (54°F) and sunny!

Andrea :)
Andrea :sun:

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#4 Unread post by Loonette »

Are Americans invited to participate? I'll be out at some point that day - partly cloudy with a high of 70 for the forecast. Somehow I'll get a photo to share.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Loonette
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#5 Unread post by Loonette »

OK - I'm not Canadian, and I saw no other girlie riders out in my little world today, but I was out there! "Scan" skipped out of work for a bit, and after checking out the new Bandit at our local bike shop, we went for a ride around our area before the kids got out of school. I was able to have "Scan" take a pic of me (yikes - :? )...

FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

sunshine229
Years Riding: 14

#6 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Loonette - What a fab picture! You look so good, especially with the matching red jacket.. ;) Good on you for going for a ride. I don't know who started the "women's rider day" but Mike's original post said it is sponsored by Kymco this year. Since Kymco is Taiwanese, I'd say the day can be called "International women's rider day". So ride on!

Sad to say it is drab and rainy today in Calgary AND my bike is not back from the mechanic's yet. So no, I am not just being wussy by complaining about the rain, I actually have no bike to ride. :( And I think asking to ride the V-Strom when it is only a week old would probably be pushing my luck...LOL :laughing:

Andrea :)
Andrea :sun:

SP-Dee
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by SP-Dee »

Sadly, the 2 days of rain and the cold weather will not be getting me out on my Bandit today :(

But I'll go this weekend for an extra long ride to make up for missing the day :)
2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by NightNurse »

It poured ALL DAMN DAY!!!!!!!!! Yuck!! I didnt ride at all this week, horrible weather.

Love that pic! You look great. That jacket is really nice, the bike is AWeSOME!

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#9 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Well, it was a nice sunny day here today...if I could have ridden I would have. alas my condition would not permit it and even if it did, my bike is in the shop.

Perhaps we can schedule a TMW International Female Ride Day a bit later. I think we have enough of us to make it work. Perhaps in June or Jult when the weather is but more "friendly".

Opinions????

Loonette.....great picture. and your hair does not look like it suffers too much from the helmet. :)

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#10 Unread post by Veda »

Oops, missed the occasion but commuted on my bike anyway. It was a nice day here, but oddly very few other bikes on the road (none female).

No photos :/