My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

LADIES - Sisters, ladies, women, girls, XX's

#1 Unread post by blues2cruise »

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Last week, I was feeling sorry for myself. I recognized the signs of depression making a re-appearance. I am sure it was because of the constant discomfort, boredom and the inability to do anything.....even the simple activity like leg shaving. I couldn't do it.
So-o-o-o-o, I spent $$ I should be saving for my trip, but I think my mental health was worth the $100.00 I spent.

I took myself to a salon/spa. :mrgreen: I had a pedicure, leg wax and an eyebrow shaping and a mini facial.
When I got home I felt so much better. I was in much better spirits. I think we all need a little pampering once in a while.

What do the double xx'es do to treat yourself or to give you a boost?

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by NightNurse »

When Im feeling down, I go get a pedicure, or go buy some new makeup :). That always cheers me up!! Got a pedicure last week, then came home and tried on all my heels from last summer lol. It was niceee.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

Nice! Spa day.

Well, my little feel good trip was to go get my hair done. I discovered this in college when I'd stop by my salon after a test or difficult class in the afternoon. I'd go in for a trim and touch up, but what really makes it good was the shampoo, the girls always give my brain a good little relaxing massage.

When I'd leave, I'd feel all fresh and relaxed and all better. Then have a glass of wine or drink at the house. That's good stuff.

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

#5 Unread post by shalihe74 »

Depends on the source of the blues, for me. I used to get grumpy when I didn't have enough alone-time, so I'd take off to the beach or the mountains for a weekend.

These days, all alone with my girls (cats) in my house, I tend to get blue because I have too much alone time, so I gather up a posse of friends and we do dinner and drinks.

For the unidentified blues: retail therapy or a hot, smelly bath and a glass of bubbly. :)
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

blues2cruise

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Ah, yes....retail therapy...works wonders, doesn't it? :wink: :lol:

darsek
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#7 Unread post by darsek »

I do love to get a facial, it's so relaxing with the shoulder/scalp massage. After a rough day at work though my sweetie will give me a great foot massage and nothing beats that!
When I'm depressed I might listen to music I love and sing (badly) along with it, call my silliest girlfriend and have her cheer me up or go to the gym for a swim/run.

blues2cruise

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Well, I was feeling sorry for myself....so was my friend with the bad back....(she is far worse off than me...herniated discs and degenrative disc disease)...so we went for facials.

That was so nice. I have a cold right now, but as soon as I'm not germy, I'm going to go again.

I get a little bored sometimes due to my limited physical ability at the present time and I don't consider the physio appointments as a "break" from my current condition, and my eyes get sore from being on the computer so much....even if I am putting the time to good use....

So-o-o, a dimly lit room, soft soothing music, gentle massage, luscious creams.....yes, indeed...I think another one would do me good. :)

mazer
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by mazer »

I go out and volunteer. Nothing better than giving a bit of yourself to someone or some organization which needs the help desperately, and those people really love you for it - and volunteering costs so little.

blues2cruise

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I will be doing some volunteer work on Sunday. The BCCOM needs some help at the annual Gastown motorcycle show and shine. :mrgreen:

http://www.bccom-bc.com/gastown_2006/index.html

I'll be on parking or security duty.