What do you ladies ride? Pic?

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#101 Unread post by Loonette »

YeaMe wrote:Hi All, I've been lurking about and this is such a great forum!

Here's my baby; she's a 1986 Rebel 450.

I took the BRC recently and the bike I rode was a Rebel 250. I really liked the bike but knew I wanted something a little bigger. I was thrilled to find a Rebel 450 in such great shape! I'm already thinking of a 2nd bike, perhaps an SV650 or Ninja 650R.

I, too, am very happy to let people know I got my bike first :D my hubby has a Shadow Aero.
I wish Honda still made the Rebel in a 450. I love the Rebel as a starter bike, but (to me anyway) the 250 always felt underpowered - especially trying to get up hill in a 65 MPH zone. Nice lookin' bike you've got there!

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Brenda
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#102 Unread post by Brenda »

Hi ladies.
I've been riding about a year and I'm already on my third bike. I started on a '98 Rebel 250, moved to a '95 VLX 600, and just bought my new baby - an '01 Shadow ACE 750.

Here's the whole family - the VLX, the ACE, and my husband's VTX 1800.

YeaMe
Rookie
Rookie

#103 Unread post by YeaMe »

That is one fine looking family you got there :D
Sandee
1986 Rebel 450

Brenda
Rookie
Rookie

#104 Unread post by Brenda »

Thanks, YeaMe. :mrgreen:

You have the 450 Rebel, right? That's nice lookin' bike!

Gabrielle
Rookie
Rookie

#105 Unread post by Gabrielle »

86 VT700

Just got it about a month ago I remember when I was young and used to ride, looking at these in the local motorcycle shop thinking THIS is the one. I was so lucky a guy at work just about gave it to me. I have had to put some work in in and a lot of cleanning. Stator was bad and the choke cable needed attention. Gave it the full tune up. And I plan on givin kuryakyn a paycheck or two.
The shop here in town charges 100$ an hour. NO WAY thats almost a days wages. The other shop next town over had the gall to ask "what makes ya think you need THAT fuel filter little lady' OMG! He did NOT just say that! Thus I do my own work on it.

$hadow
Rookie
Rookie

#106 Unread post by $hadow »

Gabrielle wrote:86 VT700

Just got it about a month ago I remember when I was young and used to ride, looking at these in the local motorcycle shop thinking THIS is the one. I was so lucky a guy at work just about gave it to me. I have had to put some work in in and a lot of cleanning. Stator was bad and the choke cable needed attention. Gave it the full tune up. And I plan on givin kuryakyn a paycheck or two.
The shop here in town charges 100$ an hour. NO WAY thats almost a days wages. The other shop next town over had the gall to ask "what makes ya think you need THAT fuel filter little lady' OMG! He did NOT just say that! Thus I do my own work on it.
now thats beautiful :)
-Carrie
-97 Honda Shadow VLX

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#107 Unread post by MZ33 »

Dang, these are some fine-looking bikes in this thread! Way to go with your own wrenching, too!!
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#108 Unread post by Shorts »

Gabrielle wrote: The shop here in town charges 100$ an hour. NO WAY thats almost a days wages. The other shop next town over had the gall to ask "what makes ya think you need THAT fuel filter little lady' OMG! He did NOT just say that! Thus I do my own work on it.
:shock: Ohh the "O Ring"-chewing that might have ensued... Actually, it wouldn't have been one of those, it'd been more of a slam his head to the concrete type of remark that was done with calm subtlety and bike knowledge that would have put him in his place. The nerve of some people :whupass: That's why I like car shopping :twisted:

cbm
Veteran
Veteran

#109 Unread post by cbm »

Hi all...I started out with a Suzuki GS500F and then moved on to my "dream bike," a 2004 Triumph Bonneville T100. I love it! Great handling bike with an awesome vintage look. My son loves it too...that's him on the bike in the driveway. He's 5, so it'll be a while before he's on a bike that's doing anything other than just sitting still and looking pretty!!

2004 Bonneville T100

kawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

#110 Unread post by kawgurl »

Hi Ladies! Had to get a lil' pic up here of my ride - nothing fancy, but I love it. 2002 Kawi Meanstreak 1500. I've added a few bits and pieces to it. It's nice and stretchy for my 6' frame and just a really comfortable ride for me. Have put over 35000kms on it in the past 2.5 years. :P

[b]~Robyn~[/b]
'09 Kawi Nomad 1700

[i]"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes."[/i] ~Author Unknown