Best Helmets

Savage
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Best Helmets

#1 Unread post by Savage »

Hey Ladies, im new here! im getting my first street bike today (hopefully) and im in desperate need of a helmet. I dont want to wear my dirtbike helmet...i want a proper one. Ive been looking online for a ladies helmet but havent come across anything that i like (not much choice) i dont really want a super pink one that screams HEY IM A GRL RIDER!! i just want a somewhat feminen helmet. something young and sexy! lol im 21 so im wanting something hot i think :D any suggestions? wheres a good website to go for this? of for that matter, is there a site that has a wider selection for womens gear?

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#2 Unread post by Thumper »

Go to each manufacturer's web site and see what they have; when you find one you like, head to your neighborhood dealer/Cycle Gear/Independent shop and try on the same brand and model helmet if you can. If it fits, they can order you the exact version you want.

I like Cycle Gear simply because of their selection and their willingness to order stuff; plus once you get it you have 7 days to decide it it's the right helmet after all.

There are a lot of nice, feminine lids out there, you just have to dig through stuff to find what fits your idea of hot and feminine.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Shark, Scorpion, KBC and others all have women's helmets. Some very flashy and some more subtle.

Like Thumper said, go try helmets on at a shop before you order online. Helmets vary so much in size and shape from maker to maker and from model to model.

Schmink
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by Schmink »

My helmet came from here http://stores.channeladvisor.com/perfor ... R%20HELMET

I like the full face type of helmet, but can also raise the shield to let in air as well. . .also they have a good price. I have a Cycle Gear near my house, and they are a great store, I buy alot of things from them. . .good place to check out sizes, but I found this website will beat their prices on helmets.
Schmink
2008 V-Star 1100 Custom

obfuscate
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#5 Unread post by obfuscate »

First ... :welcome:

In response to your question about helmets (assuming you haven't already found one) what is your price range? Where are you located? I too like Cycle Gear, mine had a good selection to try on and ordered me the color I liked but I'm not sure if they're located outside of the States.

Sadly no specific website comes to mind but here's a few links...
Scorpion: Here's one that was mentioned elsewhere that's feminine and non-pink. http://www.motostrano.com/scexbldahe.html

Icon has a few, although most are pink (go-go, regal, women's hooligan--aka kitty) http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/icon_helmets.php

Good luck, ride safe :)
1993 XJ600 Seca II