Some cute yet functional motorcycle boots

chprout
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Some cute yet functional motorcycle boots

#1 Unread post by chprout »

Ordered these last week. Came in two days. Zappos is great. Lightweight and so comfortable, out of the box. Easy to take off with the side zipper and a little higher, keeping water out. I'll also spray them down with water repellant spray from the Harley site.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/36727593/c/3.html

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Nice boots. Lucky you to find something that fits.

RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250

Ladies Lounge: Velcro Closure Over Laces

#3 Unread post by RocketGirl »

I'm on my third pair of motorcycle footwear.

Took the MSF Basic Rider course in my steel-toed work boots (laces). That was fine for the 2-day course in March and in the rain. When I rode them with my own personal bike, I didn't like how I couldn't get much feedback on shifting.

Warmer weather arrived and I switched to my lightweight hiking boots (also laces). A couple of times while out riding, I found myself with my laces undone or loosened. It was becoming a distraction when I should have been focused on the road and other drivers around me.

With no other ankle high footwear to choose from my closet, I bought a pair of Vega Metro Boots (womens) in black. The great thing is that they're just as light as my hiking boots and I have no distractions from the possibility of laces coming undone.

There is one issue that I have and I wonder if Velcro may not be as good as laces or zipper closure to keep the boots on in the event of bad spill. I don't know; am I being a little bit paranoid? Hope I'm making sense.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

I prefer zipped up boots and absolutely no laces. Laces, to me, are a risk that is easy to negate.

I wear Sidi Jasmine Tepor boots and they fit the bill just right.