Elite
Elite
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250

Ladies - First Time Commuting to Work

#1 Unread post by RocketGirl »

Hi Ladies,

I'm am so excited. I finally got the nerve to ride my Virago 250cc to work this morning. I have to say, it is a rather easy commute since my work day starts at 7:00am. So after checking out my bike, I left the house about 6:00a.m.

The morning weather was a cool 75-degrees. Mostly cloudy skies, so the sun was just making its way past the horizon and the sky was light up with colors of pink-orange-red. Traffic volume in my area from Historic New Castle via Basin Road via Rt. 52 and final destination in Kennett Square, PA was light. Although it was not without its hazards.

(1) Driver came off a right-side ramp and no signal merge across two lanes in front of me to make it to the lighted intersection to turn left.

(2) Driver on a left-side side street was thinking about pulling out in front of me. I had the high-beams on and gave a couple of quick friendly beeps.

(3) Stalled out, steep hill, taking off at a lighted intersection right at the corner of where I work. Oops! I got impatient with the clutch.

It was an awesome ride. I'm having trouble concentrating at work today. Can't wait for the ride home where beach traffic is so bad (to me anyway) that I'd rather double my mileage cutting through town just to keep moving and stay away from the bottle-necks.

Do you remember your first time commute to work? How did that go for you? Where you ready? Did you learn anything new? Love to hear about your experience.

Ride safely! 8)

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

Do you remember your first time commute to work? How did that go for you?

I'm having trouble concentrating at work today. Can't wait for the ride home

That pretty much sums is up right there :D

I'd look out the window all the time to see my bike parked in the slot

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by follow »

You brought a smile to my face...could have had tears if no one was looking. :lol: I also remember my legs burning waiting in rush hour traffic.........
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine