Other Women Acutally RIDE?

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#11 Unread post by Thumper »

Z wrote:HA! My husbands bike broke down one day and he REFUSED to ride behind me. He waited for one of his friends to pick him up...lol
:lol: Mine *wants* to ride behind me (haven't let him yet.) He says it's "in case" something breaks down and I need to carry him as a passenger, but really, I think he figures he can cop a feel and there's nothing I can do to stop him at 50 mph... :laughing:

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

Thumper wrote:
Z wrote:HA! My husbands bike broke down one day and he REFUSED to ride behind me. He waited for one of his friends to pick him up...lol
:lol: Mine *wants* to ride behind me (haven't let him yet.) He says it's "in case" something breaks down and I need to carry him as a passenger, but really, I think he figures he can cop a feel and there's nothing I can do to stop him at 50 mph... :laughing:
He might want to rethink that...it could be very dangerous :laughing: I could see just what ya'll would tell the police and EMT :naughty:
Whatever happened...I didn't do it!!
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#13 Unread post by ofblong »

uhh I see a woman rider just about every single day. No im not talking about the pasenger.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

Lion_Lady
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#14 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Well, in our situation, hubby woulda waited a loooong time. "Home" from Wilmington is Baltimore, MD. Nearly 400 miles. We switched piloting duties for the trip home. So neither of us was stretched too thinly.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

ErnCol
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2013 Triumph Scramble 2015 Vstrom 650

#15 Unread post by ErnCol »

To "Z"
My husband and I agree with you about women passengers. If they can't ride right, don't ride, but my hubby also says that some men should be passengers too.
ErnCol :D

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#16 Unread post by MZ33 »

Years ago, as soon as I heard about the nickname for riding pillion, I decided I wasn't going to be there.

And yet, I was mentioning this to a guy and he told me his wife had no interest in riding except as pillion, and she actually embraces the nickname. To each his/her own, I guess!
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#17 Unread post by IcyHound »

I refuse to ride on the back of anyone's bike. I wrestle with the concept that people want to, but then I also wrestle with being a home maker. I just don't understand it applied to myself.

Ever since the other half got his vstrom he suggests now and then that I try riding with him. I respond with a healthy 'no' accented with a few curses in case he wasn't sure about how I felt.

I see women riders about once or twice a month around here.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl
I ride Mantis - Yamaha FZ6

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#18 Unread post by flw »

I only rode on the back of anothers bike when I didn't have one of my own.

I also perfer passengers find someone else to ride with as its harder to control the bike with either a guy or gal than has no clue.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#19 Unread post by ofblong »

flw wrote:I only rode on the back of anothers bike when I didn't have one of my own.

I also perfer passengers find someone else to ride with as its harder to control the bike with either a guy or gal than has no clue.
thats why you explain to them what it is they exactly need to do BEFORE you even let them on the bike. depending on the size of the person I sometimes dont even know I have a passenger (I know they are there just it doesnt feel like it).
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#20 Unread post by coffee_brake »

How eye-opening to hear what all you different women have experienced, and have to say, about riding pillion vs. riding in front.

Please speak up ladies, I'm really interested in what you think about getting on the back, or taking the reins from the front!

Me, I only want to get on the back if I plan on having more than one or two beers that evening...and Goodness help that man if I don't get to cop a feel on the way home!!!
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750