Other Women Acutally RIDE?

ErnCol
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2013 Triumph Scramble 2015 Vstrom 650

#1 Unread post by ErnCol »

Until now, I'd ignored this part of the forum, assuming it was from all those women sitting behind their men.
My husband and I take our bikes out all the time, and I swear I haven't seen one other female rider!
I get the weirdest looks at gas/rest stops when I take my helmet off!
Of course, I'm all sweaty with matted, wet hair cause I'm wearing full-on riding gear.
Somehow those women on the back of the bikes always look perfect in their stupid little half helmets, tank tops and short shorts.
They also look totally bored sitting back there putting their life in someone else's hands...bet they couldn't even ride the bike if something happened to him!
My husband knows I'd make a lousy passenger and he'd rather have a riding buddy anyway.
Anyway, enough ranting...I'll read this section on a regular basis now.

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

Re: Other Women Acutally RIDE?

#2 Unread post by Thumper »

ErnCol wrote: Somehow those women on the back of the bikes always look perfect in their stupid little half helmets, tank tops and short shorts.
I ride because I want to. Perhaps they ride on the back because that's what THEY want to do. No reason to judge anyone for where they sit on the bike. Riding (even on the pillion) is all about risk assessment; if they accept the risk of wearing what they wear, that's their business.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Shorts »

Crazy idea huh? :laughing:

Welcome :D What kinda bike are you on? Any bike trips or plans for the summer?

goodies
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by goodies »

I would rather ride my own, but occassionly it is nice to ride #*itch. :D

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#5 Unread post by Nalian »

While I love that my wife rides her own bike, I think it would be nice occasionally to ride on the same bike.

As long as the person is having fun and it's what they wanna do, good for them.

NancyP
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: '03 Harley Dyna

#6 Unread post by NancyP »

goodies wrote:I would rather ride my own, but occassionly it is nice to ride #*itch. :D
Here, here! Like I've said before, being a woman, it's my perogative on which way I'd like to ride that day :mrgreen:

NancyP
Strong Woman's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says. . . . "Oh s**t, she's awake!!"

Lion_Lady
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#7 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Nalian wrote:While I love that my wife rides her own bike, I think it would be nice occasionally to ride on the same bike.

As long as the person is having fun and it's what they wanna do, good for them.
TeeHEE how about this??

Hubby and me, heading home from the Cape Fear Rally in Wilmington, NC. Hubby's bike spewed 3/4 of it's oil on Rt 40 and seized. So we had to ride home two up on my bike.

I love to ride... have taken my daughter all over as pillion (to Atlanta for the '07 AMA Women in Motorcycling Conference).

Great fun to ride alongside him to fun places like TN, NC, Western MD and Central VA, etc. etc.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Z
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by Z »

HA! My husbands bike broke down one day and he REFUSED to ride behind me. He waited for one of his friends to pick him up...lol

I honestly don't have anything against women passengers, I too was one at one point in time. Some don't ride because they don't trust thier abilities and personaly i'd rather have them stay as passenger than be a hazard on the road. Whom ever is out on the road on two (or three) wheels is sharing the same risk and enjoying the same freedom.
Safe Riding
-Z

2006 VTX 1300R
Patriot Guard Rider - South Florida Road Captain

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never really felt safe riding with someone else. If the bike went down I felt as tho I would just be stuck between driver and backrest. Don't know if that's the case tho.
Whatever happened...I didn't do it!!
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250

Re: Other Women Acutally RIDE?

#10 Unread post by RocketGirl »

ErnCol wrote:I swear I haven't seen one other female rider!
In my area, I think I've recognized maybe a handful of female riders. So, it's pretty cool when I see another going by.

My husband switched out his stock seat for a Mustang. I just recently started commuting (2 or 3 days) to work on my bike and he works from home, so if we have a need to run an errand during the week, I'll ride pillion on his V-Star 650.

I actually like it for a change of pace; I get to enjoy more of the scenery. 8)