Bikerwear for the BBW

BBWLoril
Rookie
Rookie

Bikerwear for the BBW

#1 Unread post by BBWLoril »

Hello fellow bikers! I am wondering if there are any other BBW bikers out there who have difficulty finding sensible, comfortable, clothing for the professional woman who wants to look like a respectable woman riding her own bike. I am a BBW (size 18) and I can't fit into the cute biker clothing offered on most sites. I'd love to find a company that caters to the beautiful biker that I am. Has anyone had any luck?

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by coffee_brake »

:spotlight:

I've got fork tubes bigger'n you....

What do you ride?
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

BBWLoril
Rookie
Rookie

Size 18

#3 Unread post by BBWLoril »

I haven't got a clue why the forum didn't post my correct size, but I wear a size 18 in womens. Thanks for the sites to check. I am a teacher and I do not want my students to see me wearing inappropriate biker wear. :lol:

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by coffee_brake »

OH!
OK wow I thought for just a minute you were a poser!

Hey, welcome, the software saw the "8" and somehow got it as the classic "smiley with sunglasses."

OK I get it now.

I think for sure if you want to have real, decent riding gear that you can zip right off with your school clothes underneath, go for the Aerostich. They only make men's sizes but it just doesn't matter with the cut of their stuff. It's incredibly functional, tough, and crash-worthy without bulking too much, and waterproof to boot. You'd only have to pack your shoes seperate and wear the rest under the 'Stich.

Try Ebay for good used gear. Also, if the price is throwing you, check out the Kilimanjaro gear, I hear great things about it!

What do you ride?
How cool it would have been to have my schoolteacher show up to class on a bike! I bet I've have been riding years earlier!
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

BBWLoril
Rookie
Rookie

BBW

#5 Unread post by BBWLoril »

I ride an '05 Sportster. I don't ride it to school often, but yes...my students think it's awesome! I live near Daytona Beach and the biker clothing here is awesome if you are "small boned" but I am not. I'm looking for a new twist for us big beautiful, independent biker "babes".

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by follow »

:welcome: Welcome BBW, I hear you when it comes to shopping for clothes, gear is the worse for me, I am also of petite height. Army/Navy surplus store carries some cools stuff too. I was told that a new line will be coming out in the spring for plus size...they will be referring to it as the Diva collection, I will have to call performance cycle to ask them who the manufacturer is (or you can) but they said the fit is suppose to cater to full figure, I look forward to it. Once again welcome, glad to have ya around.

The Kila's were too long for me when I sat on the bike it would ride up, but they are wonderful gear, my hubby has a jacket.
Last edited by follow on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

BBW.......:welcome2: to TMW.

I hope you enjoy the forums. :)

SCgurl
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by SCgurl »

Hi there! I too, have had the same issues with gear (I wear a waaay bigger size than you), and this is what I have found....

Harley's womens gear is sized really well for BBWs. I fit into their women's 3X, but usually go with men's sizes for a little more length (long legs and long torso). If the prices put you off, there's usually a lot of stuff on Ebay (I picked up a leather for $75).

I also have the Tourmaster Trinity 2 jacket:
http://newenough.com/protective_apparel ... acket.html
Newenough.com has a link that says "Hard to fit?". Follow that link, and there's a search for women's plus sizes. You might also want to look at Power Trip.

For pants, well, I've kind of written riding pants off and have stuck with jeans for the time being. I am looking for chaps. You may have better luck. Definitely measure your chest and waist and use those measurements as your guide.

Hope that helps!
2008 Suzuki S40-for sale
2007 Road King-waiting until mid-May
[url=http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/Jeni1090/?action=view&current=IMG_0051.jpg][img]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/Jeni1090/th_IMG_0051.jpg[/img][/url]

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#9 Unread post by follow »

Dickies and Carhart make wonderful womans size pants, that is what I use they are heavy duty. Like I said army/navy, I got a pair of 2x chaps there for about $100 verses HD which you would be paying 2-3 X's more.
I have to agree with SCgurl with HD clothing most of my shirts are from HD. J&P cycles has some tops that go up to size 3X (www.jpcycles.com)
Also when there is a Rally in your area that is a good place to hit, I got another pair of chaps at one of them and you can't beat STURGIS best place to get all clothing in all sizes.
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#10 Unread post by Thumper »

I just buy men's gear. When I'm riding I don't really care about looking good or stylin' (Well, to be honest, I don't care off the bike, either...I totally embrace my inner drag king) I care about function and fit, and bright-bright-neon-blinding colors. :) I can get all of that in men's gear.

But truly, manufacturers need to start considering the money they're potentially losing by not having feminine, stylish gear in larger sizes.