Ever get the feeling you're being ignored?

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

Ever get the feeling you're being ignored?

#1 Unread post by coffee_brake »

And how the heck to you get ignored on a forum?

But sheesh, people ask a question, and you answer it, and you're *qualified* to answer it, and they don't respond at all to what you said. They respond to everybody *but* you.

Or is half of what I write a buncha bull and ya'll are just too nice to say so?

Dang it, you have no clue about issue X Y or Z, and I do, so I offer good advice, and that's just not even worth mentioning?

No, it's not here in the Ladies Lounge. I work more on bikes than well over half these men. But if I have a good idea of what a new rider needs to do to fix their bike, almost all the time they just ignore my response!
But the one time I *don't* help when I can...maybe that rider is discouraged or worse yet, wastes time and money on something unnecessary.

Oh it just burns me up to offer up help and have it just plain ignored.
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#2 Unread post by Thumper »

If the replies being responded to come after yours, chances are the OP is just replying to the couple of newer posts because that's what's freshest in his or her mind. If your reply comes in late in a thread, the OP simply may not be tuned in anymore. But rarely have I ever seen anyone deliberately ignored on any forum I've lurked on...mostly it's just bad timing.

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by coffee_brake »

Yeah I probably being just too sensitive. I need to be a tougher biker!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

Lion_Lady
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#4 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

IT used to bug me, too. But I started viewing it as their loss. Give it time.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#5 Unread post by MZ33 »

Most of the time, it probably isn't personal. And when it is, then it's really more about them than it is you.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

Angelwings
Rookie
Rookie

I'll take your advice:)

#6 Unread post by Angelwings »

Actually you were the one I wanted to ask some questions about maintaining my motorcycle. I knew there was a lady on the boards who worked a lot on her motorcycle but forgot who it was, now I know:)

After reading some of the post as to how much shops charge for just changing oil I am going to do it in my own. I use to do my car when I was in the Navy and they had the DIY shops that had the lifts and tools so I am not inexperience in the ways of getting dirty. I want to buy the repair and service manual for my 2000 Honda Shadow VLX 600. Where is a good place to buy it? Also I want to buy handle bar risers but how do I know how big the risers should be without buying first and testing it out? I am 5'9" so I'm not short but my back gets sore after riding 25 minutes and I was reading that risers could help. My bars do sit kinda low. Anyway I'll take any advice you got :lol:

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by coffee_brake »

pm sent....
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by follow »

LOL Coffe_Brake,
YES!!! on another forum, mostly men a few woman. I see woman sign up, but they never stay long. Every now and then I will have an input like right now but I get a nada they go on like the gals are not there, so one day they were talking about working on bikes, I put in a word by saying " you boys that are talking shop", they answered me then.
You got it all wrong, you need to get it right, its called " shop talk". I know what it's called my Dad owned a shop when I was a kid. From then on I call them the cigar club. I just go to a couple of spots that I like (the games), I wish they were more like this forum. Ok I vented.... :mrgreen:

You boys are alright here! :D
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#9 Unread post by coffee_brake »

follow wrote:LOL Coffe_Brake,
YES!!! on another forum, mostly men a few woman. I see woman sign up, but they never stay long. Every now and then I will have an input like right now but I get a nada they go on like the gals are not there, so one day they were talking about working on bikes, I put in a word by saying " you boys that are talking shop", they answered me then.
You got it all wrong, you need to get it right, its called " shop talk". I know what it's called my Dad owned a shop when I was a kid. From then on I call them the cigar club. I just go to a couple of spots that I like (the games), I wish they were more like this forum. Ok I vented.... :mrgreen:

You boys are alright here! :D
Nice Honda!

Yeah it's hard to believe, there are more men living near me who take my technical abilities, limited and modest though they may be, more seriously than a world of other riders on the forums. Maybe it's because to know me is to know my husband, we ride everywhere together and we both wrench and ride our own bikes, and our friends'. Maybe that lends it some credibility...

:?

But I taught that man how to gap a spark plug the first year we were married and he still ain't caught up!
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I'd like to learn. It's on my agenda. I have a torque wrench and now just need to learn how to use it. :mrgreen: