What are your concerns when out on your Motorcycle.

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

Blexcroid wrote: I find I notice the front wheel turn before I notice the vehicle move. I'm glad my MSF instructors taught us these habits-- they've already saved my skin. :wink:
Funny that you sould say that. I don't remember my MSF teachers saying it, but I bet they did, because I have noticed that I really pay attention to front car tires, especially if they are waiting to turn out into the path I am on. LOL!!! It has saved my butt a time or two myself.

Becca
The only time when evil can triamph, is when good men do nothing!

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran

#22 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

Funny how life is isn't it!!! It didn't matter what I was looking at because she didn't see me at al and pulled right out in front of me leaving me no option but to drop the bike. At least because I was paying attention to her, I was able to slow down enough before ditching that I didn't hit her. So maybe it did make a differance that I was paying attention even though she wasn't. I did get up out of the middle of the highway and walk away from the wreck, motorcycle riders don't get to say that very often.
Becca
The only time when evil can triamph, is when good men do nothing!

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by KarateChick »

Concerns? Hmmm...dropping - well, been there, done that, on the course and on the road so that took care of that! :lol:

Others? Being rear ended while stopped (one of our course instructors would yell "BAM!! YOU'RE DEAD!!" everytime someone on the course stopped without checking behind 'em so that we all laughed we'd have echoes of her voice yelling that at us everytime we stopped w/out checking once we got on the street). Being bashed into by that sudden appearing car behind you, or by that left turner (very :( , there was a recent death in the city from another one of those), being side-swiped by a car in a lane when they have the SOLID line, red-light runners....

I guess there is always going to be something so I try to enjoy my ride and drive defensively since all the cars are trying to kill me anyways!
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]