flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

Online ladies motorcyle web mag

#1 Unread post by flw »

I was looking at some bike videos when I was one from Women riders Now at http://www.womenridersnow.com/ .

I thought I post it and let you ladies see if it is suited for you. I enjoyed the video from them so its a sign that its not just full of junk to sell you.

BTW I'm not a women so I can't really say if it fits what women want or not but it seemed ok to me.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Bluebabe
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by Bluebabe »

I went and checked it out and it is actually a very infomative site for women, thanks!
1978 Honda Twinstar 185
1986 Kawasaki 454
1992 Honda Shadow 600

Current bike:
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT

Christian Motorcyclists Association
Arctic Servants Chapter

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#3 Unread post by Hondagirl »

Looks interesting. I like hearing about women who have kids that also ride. Cool. Thx for the link.
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#4 Unread post by MZ33 »

Yeah, I like WRN a lot. I noticed the ad for this website: http://www.cameleonapparel.com/products ... -solid.php

What do y'all think? It's not really road tested, which is a bummer. At least with Draggin' Jeans, they really tested it. I'm not sure I want to invest in something that is "better than nothing" unless it really is. It probably doesn't protect against major impact around the joints like CE armour would. On the other hand, since I haven't found pants that fit well, armour doesn't end up quite in the area it is supposed to protect. :roll: So, right now it's chaps and jeans in cold weather for me, and just jeans in warmer weather. And mixing leather chaps with a textile jacket is a rather alarming fashion statement.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

Bluebabe
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by Bluebabe »

Hmmm...I went and checked out the Cameleon apparel and I was a little intrigued until I saw the price.

Little spendy, but not quite out of reach. It would interesting to see how well it works or how well it feels like it may work! ;)

I too, wear chaps and jeans or leather pants and sometimes, leather pants and chaps if it's chilly out. (My heated pants fit under them both nicely :ohyaoh:

So, I ride, at least the lower half with no padding but never just plain jeans. Seen too much road rash on others to go that route :0

The jackets are nice but not practical. Little too fancy for my taste and I really can't see spending that much on such a nice jacket to get bugs all over it!! Must for the ladies that just ride here and there around town??
:dunno:
1978 Honda Twinstar 185
1986 Kawasaki 454
1992 Honda Shadow 600

Current bike:
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT

Christian Motorcyclists Association
Arctic Servants Chapter

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by Ryethil »

MZ33 wrote:Yeah, I like WRN a lot. I noticed the ad for this website: http://www.cameleonapparel.com/products ... -solid.php

What do y'all think? It's not really road tested, which is a bummer. At least with Draggin' Jeans, they really tested it. I'm not sure I want to invest in something that is "better than nothing" unless it really is. It probably doesn't protect against major impact around the joints like CE armour would. On the other hand, since I haven't found pants that fit well, armour doesn't end up quite in the area it is supposed to protect. :roll: So, right now it's chaps and jeans in cold weather for me, and just jeans in warmer weather. And mixing leather chaps with a textile jacket is a rather alarming fashion statement.
I kind of looked at the supposed armor too. I wish they had more to say about it. It's not the kinda armor that the Sport bikers wear. Well, the male ones anyway. I guess we don't count, :frusty:

Then I saw it was a discontinued item and they only had a few left, at least in white. *sigh*

We don't have much of a winter here so fashion sort of stretches to fit the need. I've got a leather jacket that matches my dark brown chaps but it gets little use and I have to keep on my diet to fit into it. *double sigh*

As for chaps, they are sort of deriguer for me. I've seen too many accidents where somethng flipped up from the road and struck the rider's legs. It also helps with the heat problem of being to close to the engine. So I might skip out on something for my upper body, I always make sure my legs are protected.
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]