Total votes: 4

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

LADIES: Trackday Poll

#1 Unread post by shalihe74 »

Hey there, Ladies.

I am tentatively riding in a charity event in July, and am thinking about how to solicit donations from businesses in a tight economy. Naturally, a business gets a tax write-off, but I'm working on developing additional value propositions.

As I explore some options, I'd like to get some data on women and track days. So, ladies, if you would, can you please respond to a few questions? (Gentlemen, please don't respond; I'm working on a different poll to which you can contribute.

Questions:

1. Do you regularly do track days?
2. How many do you do, on average, each year?
3. Do you see many* other women RIDING at track days?

Answer formatting: because of the limitations on polls, I had to combine the answers to the three questions into 1 line item with the following format: "Question 1 answer; Question 2 answer; Question 3 answer" (i.e. "Yes; 1 - 3; No" means "Yes, I do do track days; 1 - 3 per year; No, I don't see many other women riding.")

* For the purposes of this poll, let's define "many" as more than 5% of the riders. So, at my local track days, there are typically ~110 riders over the course of a day, and 4 - 5 women... 4.5% of the ridership.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you so much for your help!
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#2 Unread post by MZ33 »

I never have, and was never interested in the idea until I got the Versys. Cruisers don't really lend themselves to that mindset, ya' know? :wink:

I have often thought I would like to take the Lee Parks "Total Motorcycle Control" class, probably next year. I was planning to take it on a cruiser, but now, I would love to take it on the Kawi. And I find myself more naturally thinking about twisties and the like.

I could see myself investigating a track day some day, but not in the near future.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#3 Unread post by shalihe74 »

Thank you so much for the replies so far. I really appreciate it. Please please please do vote if you haven't...

I'm trying to establish how rare it is for there to be an a) woman on the track and b) woman on a 675 on the track. That way, I can go to businesses and say "Hey, you really want to donate $x to this cause and get your name on my bike for a year. Sure, I'm not the fastest out there, but I sure as hell get lots of attention because..."

But I need data for that... I know it's the truth, but I have to be able to substantiate the statement. Please help? It's for children's charities...

MZ33: I think doing the Total Control class, or a normal trackday would rock on the Versys. It definintely is a different mindset between cruisers and not-cruisers. :D to me at least, on a sportier bike, it's mostly about the road - the radius of the corners, the quality of the pavement, the proper line - whereas, on a more cruiser-y bike, I feel like it is more about the ride - where you're going, the scenery, camaraderie, etc. Of course you have both elements in each style, but the focus is different... IMHO. :mrgreen:
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#4 Unread post by Ladymx »

Well I use to do track days on my NSR50 for a few years, but now am riding dirt bike so am racing on a weekly bases and practice at the track three times a week. There is a growing number of ladies/girls entering into the sport and continuing with it.