women's jackets

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Re: women's jackets

#11 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

I've bought from Iron Pony online a few months ago. Got a leather jacket from them and I love it. They also have an Ebay store. I did find out with leather jackets that I wear a size bigger than I normally would.

http://www.ironpony.com/
Whatever happened...I didn't do it!!
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/ ... ns&Class1=

Was just on their site and found this jacket. Seems pretty nice for warmer weather and protective.
Whatever happened...I didn't do it!!
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Men's jackets typically do not fit women at all because they are designed to be very wide at the shoulders and narrow at the waist/hips.

I have an older Joe Rocket in a Ladies size and love it. It's very comfortable. If you're buying off the internet, sizing is easy/realistic for Joe Rocket - just buy the same size you would normally buy (example: buy a Medium if you are a Medium).

Good luck!
Andrea :sun:

laurimurdock
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2010 Harley Fat Boy Lo - matte black

#14 Unread post by laurimurdock »

Joe Rocket has a nice mesh one (Cleo), and I initially bought that but returned it because my arms are still too long for that. And because the material just didn't seem... I dunno... "nice" enough. Kinda cheesy on the swirl design part, seemed cheap on that part.

I'm 5'11", big bust, regular waist & hips.

Anyway, so I was in the Harley dealership (my 2nd home LOL) & tried on the Men's mesh hi-vis jacket, and the medium fit like a DREAM. Here's the link:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_ ... cale=en_US

EVERYONE sees you in that jacket; the color is WOW. And there's plenty of reflective piping, plus the Harley logo (the grey part) is also that same reflective material. Good for safety.

The mesh material is very high-quality & luxurious-feeling (I'm a super-tactile person, so this is important to me). And the hip part is adjustable w/Velcro side tabs/straps.

Additionally, it has interior pockets for "cool packs" that you can stuff in there for the summer.

And finally, most importantly to me: armor.

Not sure how you feel about having Harley logo prominently on the back, but this is a damn nice jacket. :) I'm super-in-love with it! (I live in Dallas, so I should be getting a LOT of use out of it w/our hot weather!)

Worth a look/try.
LM

laurimurdock
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2010 Harley Fat Boy Lo - matte black

#15 Unread post by laurimurdock »

Forgot to mention: if you want black/dark, a similar one comes in black/charcoal, and it's very attractive:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_ ... fault=true

This one has pockets for body armor, so you'd just need to buy+add those into it.

Also, if I remember correctly, the back does not have the huge logo on it. It's way more subtle. LOL

I just like the hi-vis because I'm always in a LOT of traffic, and I'm fairly nerdy/earnest about safety-consciousness.
LM

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#16 Unread post by MZ33 »

I love the fit of my mesh summer FieldSheer, but it only comes in black, gray, and white. I bought a white one for winter--that was about as smart as it sounds. Now I wear a Made2Race for midweight/winter. I would love a mesh in red or orange that fit like the Rocket Cleo or my FieldSheer. The ones by FirstGear just don't fit me well. :frusty:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

JayZee
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#17 Unread post by JayZee »

There are a bunch of jackets on sale at Competition Accessories: http://www.compacc.com/Apparel-Womens-Street-Jackets

Plus, they have mesh Fieldsheer jackets in way more colors than black, white and gray.

kawigirl
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: soon to come...

#18 Unread post by kawigirl »

I bought the Scorpion Nip/Tuck jacket recently in gold, black and white. I was looking for the only white and black version but Scorpion was actually on back order for that one. Shows you how good of a jacket this one is! And I absolutely agree: it's an amazing jacket. It's pretty light, lets in air, makes you look good and has all needed protection. I definitely made a good choice. :)

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#19 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

The Joe Rocket brand has done well by me. I've had the neon pink Cleo mesh jacket since 2007, and the yellow Phoenix 2.0 for two years before that. Solid construction, good fit, easy laundering. I hate the rain liner - I'd rather get wet than stew in my own juices :) I have a rain jacket that fits over my regular riding jackets that I prefer to use for wet weather.

I second the recommendation of newenough.com

The Joe Rocket mesh gloves don't hold up as well as the jackets - I trash a pair every year. For some reason, the ends of the index fingers always blow out.
Ooooooh. Shiny!