women's jackets

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

women's jackets

#1 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

Hello ladies I've been on the hunt for a mesh/leather jacket and no luck. I came across a Joe Rocket Reactor Jacket

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... 2&zmap=402

and Cortech

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... acket.aspx

I ordered the Joe Rocket in men's small...too big for me. :x

Only thing I've found that I really like in women's size is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Of course only in black..I like black but not for riding, especially at night. But it seems like a great jacket. If it's the same quality as the Reactor it should be very nice.
Any other suggestions out there for jackets or sewers who think some reflective piping could be sewn in on this one?
Whatever happened...I didn't do it!!
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Have you actually gone to the motorcycle shops and tried on jackets? Around here there are plenty of places that have women's jackets....usually too small for me...

Also....if you like a solid black jacket, you can simply wear a reflective vest or harness over your jacket.

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

The local Honda shop has mainly off rode gear. I have to say..the off road gear for little kids is just too cute!!! Not too much selection for women in the other shops around. I think I got to try on one medium joe rocket jacket there. The people that work there are very helpful and looked thru a bunch of catalogs for me but couldn't find anything. I'm thinking the black jacket and have my friend sew on some reflective piping for me. If I sewed it on

__/\__ It would look something like that :laughing:

Thanks
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#4 Unread post by dr_bar »

Joe rocket makes a "Super Ego" leather jacket that has zip off panels so that it turns into a mesh jacket, the best of both worlds...

http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/231
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran

#5 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

Yep, that's the black one I was talking about. But changed my mind. Few weeks back I was looking at motoport but was trying not to spend that much money. After not hearing anything but great reviews and deciding that I really like my skin pretty much where it is, I ordered an air mesh kevlar jacket. If ever I do go down I hope it's as good as they say. I was reading today where this guy went down doing about 10-15 mph, got bruised and some rash, friction burns and such. He was fully geared. If he had his gear on going much faster he would have been really hurt. I'm just trying to get the best that I can. Thanks for the info!!
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

amysue529
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Re: women's jackets

#6 Unread post by amysue529 »

I have the Icon womens Hooligan mesh jacket in black. Its a tightly woven mesh material with silver glittery icon logo on the front and large glittery stars down the sleeves. Its great for warm weather and slightly cooler weather, but Im always cold so Id have to wear a sweatshirt underneath to stay warm. It has a zip out liner which I like, especially for 90 degree weather. Great airflow.

For those of you who ride with leather.... how do you like it? My hooligan jacket has armor in it, but it doesnt stay in place that well. I want to get a leather one for the cooler weather and for added protection but Im really worried about the heat. The jacket i'm looking at is the Icon Merc Hero jacket in pink =) primarily because I dont feel like Im that visible at night. The hooligan jacket doesnt have reflective piping on it. Please help!
We're here for a good time, not for a long time

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran

#7 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

I've never tried leather in the summer. Once I bought a perforated leather jacket and wore it on a cool day. I didn't realize it was perforated at first and was wondering why I was so cold on my ride :? But to say it vented like a mesh jacket...I don't think so. I know they have some perforated leather jackets that also have some zippered vents, maybe those are better.
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

Lion_Lady
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#8 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Motorcyclesuperstore has some great clearance jackets right now!

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

mazer
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by mazer »

I dont know if you are stuck on a mesh and leather jacket or not. I just found a great jacket - very affordable and fits perfect, it is not mesh and leather which I find too heavy over long periods of time.. The website is www.nelsonrides.com and they take custom orders. Good luck

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#10 Unread post by MZ33 »

My cold weather jacket is a FieldSheer "Lena." It's longer than my waist, and it zips into my Tourmaster Flex Pants. It has a heavy inner liner that zips out, so I wear it in the 40-65F range. My warm weather jacket is a FieldSheer "Breeze." It is short-waisted, but still zips into my Flex Pants. Fieldsheer has jacket sizes from XS to XL, as well as womens & tall sizes on their website. I am, uh, curvy and overweight, but these all fit me fine. I can't say enough about the versatility of the Flex Pants, either.

I have a real advantage in living near the Iron Pony--it's a motorcycle accessories store the size of a Walmart. They have a very good selection of women's jackets. (Pants, not so much.) While they do have a website, their prices online can't compete with newenough.com. Newenough.com has an added feature, in that there is a personal write-up about each item. If you scroll past the manufacturer's blurb, they discuss how it really fits, what's way cool about an item, and what isn't. If you call them with fit questions, I'll bet they're even more helpful. While Iron Pony has a huge selection of closeouts, they are not returnable. Ever. End of discussion. So, it's great if you are in the area, 'cuz you can try stuff on and the staff are helpful & knowledgable. It's even worth a trip--but on a motorcycle, almost everything is! :D

My :twocents: Well, maybe three. :wink:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]