Spare helmet suggestions for female passengers

PackRider
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Spare helmet suggestions for female passengers

#1 Unread post by PackRider »

I'd like to get a spare helmet for the occasional passenger...female friends, teenage nieces, cousins, etc., and would like women's suggestions on what to buy. I want a DOT/Snell full-face helmet but no fancy graphics. Just a good basic helmet at a good price.

What do you recommend, and what size would be a good one to pick with the understanding that it might not fit everyone perfectly?

Thanks for any suggestions and for letting me post on your forum.

Doug
Doug Boyd
Greenville, NC, USA
[url=http://personal.ecu.edu/boydd/motorcycle/motorcycle.html]My Suzuki SV650S[/url]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

HJC makes some reasonably priced DOT, Schnell approved full faced helmets. The size is a toughy. Are the women/girls you plan on having ride along with you petite or tall or?
A medium might be your best bet. I have an HJC half helmet in a large, but then I am a tall person with a big brain. :lol: :wink:
I personally can't wear HJC full face helmets because they tend to be more "round". I wear a KBC because it's more "oval".

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#3 Unread post by Ladymx »

I wear a shoei and a aria, but the sizes are xs. Size is hard but if you get a medium in most helmets it will fit most people or just too big. I know HJC tend to be a bit bigger to begin with. You should be able to get a basic black in any helmet make.

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by chickenhawk »

I like shoei RF line(not terribly cheap), and I wear a small, but a friend of mine is an XL. My gut feeling is go with a small. If it doesn't fit, don't do the ride. A bummer, but an ill-fitting helmet won't do your passenger any good in an accident.
HJC might be a good lower priced choice.