Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Why I ride: It's therapy

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Why I ride: It's therapy

The author says life is good from the seat of her V Star.

By Bonnie Collins, a.k.a. Biker Boo

My partner of 11 years got me hooked on motorcycling by taking me on our first date on the back of his bike.

I rode with him for about six months before I met a 50-something women who was selling her Sportster. When she told me that she started riding at the age of 52, I had my a-ha! moment. I was 52 at the time! The following year, I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic RiderCourse in San Diego, and the rest is history.

I am now 64 and have many more years to ride and enjoy the company of my partner and friends.

After starting on a small bike, I've since progressed to a 2003 Yamaha V Star 1100, and I'm loving every minute of it.

I've done rides to San Francisco, Piercy Redwoods, Las Vegas, Sedona, Tombstone, Scottsdale and Hollister. My longest ride was to Sturgis in 2003, when I first bought my V Star. What a great ride!

I am now a member of a MC woman's club. We ride every Sunday and sometimes Saturdays.

The wind in your face in the great southern California weather and the fun of riding with women of like minds -- what more can you ask for?

Riding is the best therapy for the hectic lives we all live. Life is great, and so is riding my V Star.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.