Best garage?

Scouting
Rookie
Rookie

Best garage?

#1 Unread post by Scouting »

Ladies,

Fed up with poor service? At the moment, I’m looking for the best independent motorcycle repair centres, and I'm particularly interested to find out if you think that women get treated fairly.

I'm running a campaign called the Swift Awards: It’s a fantastic program and we’re really passionate about it, as it’s an opportunity for smaller businesses who do a great job but go under the radar to get some recognition for their hard work. As one rider said, people are a lot quicker to shout about bad service than they are to tell people when a good mechanic’s done a brilliant job.

So if you can think of a repair or service centre that's done a particularly good job then please let us know... They'll get some well deserved recognition and riders will know where to go if they need their bike looked at and don't want to get messed around :D

Are there any garages that treat women particularly well? Maybe one that's owned by a woman, or that's lucky enough to have women working there?

I'd really appreciate any feedback you could give me...

Luke

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Jim Pattison Suzuki. Burnaby BC Canada.

Scouting
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by Scouting »

thanks blues2cruise,
anyone know of any other good ones? i hope that there's more than one garage that women can go to that gives them the respect they deserve...

Scouting
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by Scouting »

also preferably in the UK... :oops:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#5 Unread post by Wrider »

The one I work at has several female regulars that we give the exact same if not better treatment to than the males.
Sun Sports Unlimited
Gunnison, CO, USA
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

RavenDee
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#6 Unread post by RavenDee »

Asselstine Country in Blackstock, Ontario (North of Oshawa).

A longtime family business, lots of respect for women customers, competitive prices on their bikes, and reliable, honest service. They have several female employees, and the guys are great to deal with too.

Sorry they're not in the UK. :)