Ladies - Women's first bike choice

jenisawake
Rookie
Rookie

first bike for a short girl

#121 Unread post by jenisawake »

I have the suzuki s40, and I'm only 4'11!!!!!

cyclebiker
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Riding the husbands Bike!

#122 Unread post by cyclebiker »

I just got into riding and my husband has been painfully letting me take his bike out for a ride. I think I am now ready to step up to one for myself.

Gigi
PS I hijacked my husbands account! lol
Brian

schmuckgirl
Rookie
Rookie

#123 Unread post by schmuckgirl »

Just bought my Suzuki GS500 about a month ago. I did alot of research and thought it was the best bike for me to get into riding with the experience that I have ( I rode dirt bikes as a kid). Anyway, I've never been that into cars or bikes but I'm already thinking about what mods I want and a new paint job.
The blue bike is my 500 and the yello Yamaha is my boyfriend's 1000:
'05 Suzuki GS500F

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#124 Unread post by MZ33 »

:welcome4: to TMW from a fellow Buckeye! (Actually, Buckeye-by-marriage. Also, it sounds better than "Columbusite" :laughing: )

That's a pretty bike. Congrats! What color do you plan to paint it? And, is that Olentangy Village in the background?
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

schmuckgirl
Rookie
Rookie

#125 Unread post by schmuckgirl »

MZ33 wrote::welcome4: to TMW from a fellow Buckeye! (Actually, Buckeye-by-marriage. Also, it sounds better than "Columbusite" :laughing: )

That's a pretty bike. Congrats! What color do you plan to paint it? And, is that Olentangy Village in the background?
Thanks for the welcome! Actually, the more I ride that bike, the more I realize it's not the bike for me. I think I am going to put it up for sale soon and look for a 750 or a liter bike. :wink:
Actually, it's Kingland in the background 8)
'05 Suzuki GS500F

dweiss
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 QLink LG250

#126 Unread post by dweiss »

I feel like SUCH a baby, compared with all of you.

When I was in my teens (back around 1980), I learned to ride my older brother's Honda 90. And then 30 years went by without riding.

I decided that my first "official" bike would be an older Honda...specifically the Honda CM450A. It has 44hp, is automatic, and is a nice cruiser and beginner bike. With all to learn over, shifting was the last thing on my mind, that is why I chose it. I am 5'1", 140lbs, with a 30" inseam, and although I can't 'flat-foot' it, I am not on tipy-toes either. It is used (16K miles), and has some small scuffs...but I'd rather drop this one a time or two (and you KNOW its going to happen...I'd be a fool to think it won't...I have rode horses all my life...eventually, you DO take a spill), then drop a new bike.

So, I KNOW I'll outgrow this one, and the next will probably be a new Honda 600 or 750...but in the meantime I'll start with this good old jem. Its dry weight is 400lbs I believe, so it isn't a lightweight bike...but still...

~Debbie
Debbie Weiss
www.superstitionranch.com
"I don't own my horses, they own me. It is a relationship that I have no plans of changing".

Proud owner of a 2009 QLink LG250
Past owner of a 1982 Honda CM450A

Faeridrops
Rookie
Rookie

Buell

#127 Unread post by Faeridrops »

Does anyone have any input on the Buell bikes? I have heard a few rumors but nothing more. Thanks :D

dweiss
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 QLink LG250

#128 Unread post by dweiss »

Funny you should ask about the Buell...my baby brother was just over to my house to take my bike for a test spin (he's a life-long bike rider), and I asked him how his Harley crotch-rocket was doing (I knew that he was conditioning it to make it road-worthy again...it had been parked a couple of months), and he corrected me, saying that it was a Buell, and then he went on to tell me how Buell was bought by HD, or something like that, in the earlier days. Anyway, he said that they are nice bikes, and suggested that when I 'outgrow' my Honda CM450A, I should give one a try. He said that not all HD dealers carry them; you have to shop around, but he said that it would make the next step up for me smoother.
Debbie Weiss
www.superstitionranch.com
"I don't own my horses, they own me. It is a relationship that I have no plans of changing".

Proud owner of a 2009 QLink LG250
Past owner of a 1982 Honda CM450A

Faeridrops
Rookie
Rookie

#129 Unread post by Faeridrops »

Thanks for the feedback :D . I heard they were an HD product and as a result were somewhere in-between groups. A couple of people I know with HD recommend them. From what I understand, they also have the loud engine which mimics the HD. Decisions, decisions... :?

Hotscootermama
Rookie
Rookie

#130 Unread post by Hotscootermama »

I started on my '08 Ninja 250. I'm only 5'1" but we raised the handlebars 1" and lowered the back 2" I can almost flat foot it now!!
Life is a Joy!