Petite women's Pants

amit_shah25
Rookie
Rookie

Petite women's Pants

#1 Unread post by amit_shah25 »

Hi all ! I m posting this for my wife.

She is 5' average built girl :mrgreen: Tried a local motorcycle store, checked some online, but nothing for a 5' .. What I am looking for her is like a mid to may be heavy weight textile pants that she could wear may be over jeans or something .. May be some thermals .. Depends on where we go .. I am more of a utility rider than a leisure rider .. Running errands around on motorcycle, going for an hour or so rides to wilderness, and then hike there etc. So leather pants would be very impractical for our purposes ..

Any websites, that you know of ? We are in Northern NJ in Bergen County ..

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#2 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

What ladies size does she wear? Most motorcycle overpants give size information. THere are several good brands of gear that are excellent quality and protection without breaking the budget.

Olympia is one I like because they're ladies' gear is actually 'woman shaped.' Also First Gear.

Check out Newenough.com and motorcyclesuperstore.com for some great deals. You should keep in mind that motorcycle pants are supposed to be longer that street pants. That way when you bend your knees to put your feet on the pegs, your ankles and boot tops are still protected.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by follow »

not all of the pants are hemable, when you pick out a pair be sure they are adjustable, make sure the zipper does not stop at the bottom, they should stop about four inches, this will give you room for alteration.
I have a 27" inseam and have difficulty finding pants.
Sure they have some that are petite but you better make sure they are adjustable. Its no fun having a bunch of pants around your ankle...okay that sounds funny. :laughing:

I ordered my Gerbing in a petite...love them

+1 on New Enough. Carhart makes some great petite ladies work pants, these would be good for the hiking/ride days.
Last edited by follow on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine

mazer
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by mazer »

If you do need to hem them, go to a place that can work on heavy duty materials. Most things are hemmable, you just need to have the proper equipment.

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

#5 Unread post by slimcolo »

I have noticed this in men's pants as well. None are petit enough, You get a long enough inseam and the waist is about 2 sizes too big (requiring a belt) then the arse is about a yard too big. (the choices are either have pants with a large arse not a petit one or wear high waters or get them taylored)

So face the facts unless you can wear clothes off the rack, you will not find proper fitting MC clothes either. I just put up with ill fitting pants but have boots and coat that are taylor made.

RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250

Re: Petite women's Pants

#6 Unread post by RocketGirl »

I'm a 'short rider' at 4'11". For warmer weather and my utility rides, I pull out a pair of Bohn Body Armor mesh pants. My utility rides include commuting to work and a stop at the grocery store on the way home. I had to up-size my riding jeans to accommodate the padding.

For weekend rides, I wouldn't leave home without some type of armor for my lower body. It's an art-form to use restroom facilities with two pairs of pants. We've ridden to places where we like to walk and stretch our legs for an hour or so, a botanical gardens or the beach boardwalk, and I didn't find it uncomfortable.

This year I've added a luggage bag to my bike. I'll be more inclined to wear the gear I feel most comfortable with and then change out of it once we get to our destination. Stow the gear on my bike and enjoy the afternoon at the park or beach.

As far as 'brick and mortar' or the internet goes, I've had good experiences with Cyclegear and Motorcycle Superstore. I ask if I have a specific question in mind and make sure that I understand their return policy. The local Cyclegear does a great job of hiring people who ride and one salesman in particular has a girlfriend who also rides. Good luck!

P.S. I've lost 20lbs since buying those up-sized jeans and so I get go shopping for some new jeans this year! :lol:

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Petite women's Pants

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Good news.....Olympia has riding pants that can be made shorter if you need.....the zipper stops about 8 inches above the bottom.
Look for Airglide pants....they have mesh panels, armour, and a rain pant....