MD New WOW Chapter

debbrango
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

MD New WOW Chapter

#1 Unread post by debbrango »

Hi ladies,
just wanted to let any ladies from the Maryland area know that Women On Wheels is starting a new MD chapter. There are three meeting dates July 21st, August 18th & Sept 15th all meetings start at 7:00pm and are held at the DOUBLE TT Diner on Route 40, 10055 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City 21042.
Contact: MD State Ambassador Pat Brumfield @ 410-896-2250 or mdwowamb@netscape.net
All WOW members & prospective members are welcome!

I found this out in PA at MAWMR (Mid Atlantic Womens MC Rally) in Gettysburg.
If you've never been, u must go next year. This was my first time. I've never had so much fun & been so relaxed in my life. deb in baltimore

amstaffmom
Regular
Regular

#2 Unread post by amstaffmom »

That is great!!

I'm hoping I can make the rally next year. This year I was too new to feel comfortable riding up there. I should look to see if there is a Chapter her in York, PA or near it.

Jean

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#3 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

I went to MAWMR for the second time this year. I don't ride a cruiser. I also did not arrive with my own posse of fellow riders. As a solo rider, no one seemed inclined to welcome me at all. Everyone had their plans already.

The only folks who were interested in talking were the vendors and the couple newbies I remembered from last year. There was this grandma was all gung ho to go on about how her hubby bought vintage Harleys for the two of them so they could take advantage of the 'grandfather clause' that allows owners of vintage bikes to ride helmetless in MD :shock:
"Besides its only a $50 ticket if I get caught anyhow." A real sweet lady, but NOT someone I want to ride with. MAWMR is not a place for a solo rider to try to make new riding friends. Glad I didn't pre register, so I only wasted $15. It was a nice ride to Gettysburg, though.

I'm still on the fence about joining the new WOW chapter. I may make it out to one of the meetings and see whats what.

Pam
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#4 Unread post by Ladymx »

Pam, I know what you mean about being a solo rider and trying to break into the crowd of friends. Not the easiest or most welcoming thing. It is unfortunate that there is this issue, with being a solo rider. I hope if you make it to a meeting that it will be more welcoming. It a bit far for me.

amstaffmom
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by amstaffmom »

I can see where it would be hard being a solo rider. If I was closer to the MD chapter I would head over there. But its a little far for me too.

Jean