Demo Rides

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Demo Rides

#1 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I have been getting to do some demo rides lately. I recommend taking part any time you see demo rides happening in your area.

If you are contemplating getting a new motorcycle, demo rides are an excellent way to find out if a motorcycle could be right or wrong for you.

My experience so far has been most positive because the demo rides are usually sponsored by manufacturers so there has been no pressure to make a decision and sign on the dotted line.

One thing I learned from going on demo rides is that I am capable of riding a heavy and or high powered bike. It has been a good confidence booster.

I have a few more I'd like to try before I make a decision.

Anybody else going on demo rides lately?

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

Re: Demo Rides

#2 Unread post by csspostal »

There is a Demo ride at Mackie Harley Davidson in Oshawa scheduled for tomorrow but weather calling for Thunderstorms. Even if its clear I'm a bit scared about going because I think once I get on and ride a Harley something tells me my little 125 might not be so much fun anymore :(
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

csspostal wrote:There is a Demo ride at Mackie Harley Davidson in Oshawa scheduled for tomorrow but weather calling for Thunderstorms. Even if its clear I'm a bit scared about going because I think once I get on and ride a Harley something tells me my little 125 might not be so much fun anymore :(
On the other hand, you may hate a heavy cruiser and the big price tag...and higher insurance costs.

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#4 Unread post by csspostal »

blues2cruise wrote:On the other hand, you may hate a heavy cruiser and the big price tag...and higher insurance costs.
I'll never like the big price tag on anything. Insurance surprisingly wasn't that bad. 1200 to 1500 from the cheapest sportster to a low rider. Granted no more low riders :( I didn't think that was too bad for being a new rider. Similar pricing for the Honda Shadows. Which were quite comfy to sit on and felt well good. Better than when I sat on my current ride. However to be honest I'd probabally give the Hyosung 250 or 650 a shot I really like the way they look. That and the price is right to try it to see if I like a cruiser style bike. Which is the style I think I'll like but I'll never know for sure until I try.

They should have another Demo day near the end of July. If they do I'll go for sure. They had one last year when I was taking my safety course at that time. Some came up and watched us going through the paces.
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#5 Unread post by csspostal »

I know its not motorcycle but I used to love driving a Chevette (I Know I know) but I thought it was a great ride. Then I sat in a Corvette and a Jaguar XJ220 oh my oh my. If I can ever afford the high price tag and insurance. That'll be my cage.

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#6 Unread post by MZ33 »

I LOVED the demo rides at the Women's Conference. I have a couple of coupons to register for demos at the local HD dealership. I'm thinking about trying the Sportster and/or the Dyna Low, just because they are what HD tries to get people, esp women, to start on, even if they are brand-new riders. I'm curious about whether or not I think they would be a good starter bike.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#7 Unread post by fireguzzi »

csspostal wrote:I know its not motorcycle but I used to love driving a Chevette (I Know I know) but I thought it was a great ride. Then I sat in a Corvette and a Jaguar XJ220 oh my oh my. If I can ever afford the high price tag and insurance. That'll be my cage.
Dude, I used to have a Chevette too. It was an awesome little dirt road drifter. Not really enough power to have fun on the street but it would brake loose in the dirt for sure. I had a lot of fun in mine. Though it was embarrassing to drive a creamy yellowish colored dorkmobile from the eighties when your a teen in the late nineties. lol
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

I once owned a "Vette" as well, then we traded up to a Corsica...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#9 Unread post by csspostal »

I had two Chevettes. A black and silver and an Acadian (same thing only a pontiac) red.

You couldn't kill those things. We spent a few nights on the beach with some beverages breaking loose. :)

Now this is all alleged now I heard someone drove a chevette down the sides of a set of rail road tracks to get away from a beach party getting busted.

The corvette I sat in during my CO OP placement in school. The Jaguar XJ220 Paris auto show on a trip to France (14 or 15 years old)

Now to get back on topic of Demo rides if they have another one at the Harley Dealership I"m going. Or any dealership for that matter.

I'd really like to try an Iron. Unfortunately no Low Riders :(

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#10 Unread post by BuzZz »

Yes, you can kill a chevette. It's not even really that hard..... it was fun though..... :twisted:

You don't really want a Corvette. Nice driveline, shitty everything else. It is built worse than the chevette was..... if it wasn't for the 500hp in the Vette, the car would be worth less than the Chevette, too. :laughing:
No Witnesses.... :shifty: