Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Harley-Davidson Celebrates 3rd Annual Women Riders Month

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Harley-Davidson Celebrates 3rd Annual Women Riders Month
Supermodel and Harley-Davidson Rider Marisa Miller Joins the Celebration
PR Newswire

MILWAUKEE, May 4, 2011

MILWAUKEE, May 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- To recognize the increasing number of women who are hitting the open road on two wheels, as well as inspire even more women to get into the saddle of their own motorcycle, Harley-Davidson celebrates its 3rd Annual Women Riders Month this May.

Women riders represent one of the fastest growing demographics in the sport of motorcycling. In fact, the Motorcycle Industry Council reports women now account for 23 percent of all U.S. motorcyclists and Harley-Davidson is the number one motorcycle choice among women riders.(1)

Throughout the month of May, Harley-Davidson and their worldwide network of dealers will host a series of events to celebrate women riders, including a special day for women to commemorate the freedom and independence of riding, by hitting the open road on Saturday, May 14. Local dealerships will also host women-only Garage Parties throughout May and the rest of the riding season.

Joining the Motor Company to celebrate women riders during Women Riders Month is supermodel and Harley-Davidson enthusiast Marisa Miller.

"Every time I start my motorcycle, my heart starts pumping faster," said Miller. "Learning to ride has changed my life. The challenge of riding has made me stronger and given me a new outlet for my adventurous side. I've met dozens of women riders who share my passion for the open road and I'm honored to help inspire even more women to get started on their riding journeys."

Harley-Davidson has a variety of resources available at www.h-d.com/women to help women get into the sport. The site includes inspirational stories from female riders, a "Roadmap to Riding" that shows you how you can start riding your very own Harley-Davidson in six simple steps, as well as calendars of upcoming women riders events.

About Harley-Davidson Motor Company

Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.