Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XVS V Star 650

Leather Jackets

#1 Unread post by OzVStarGal_77 »

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a leather jacket, but being on the wrong side of slim, are there any online motorbike businesses that deal with large(r) sizes for leather jackets? I really like the Power Trip "She Devil" jacket, but bit worried it may be too tight around the waist. If anyone could give me a few ideas of sites to look at, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
V :cowboy:
The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome. ~Author Unknown

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

Re: Leather Jackets

#2 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

Can you try on Power Trip jackets in person somewhere? Most brands have fairly consistent fit and sizing across their products. If that doesn't work out, look for an online store that offers free shipping to you with a return policy you can live with. I bought a jacket just yesterday partly because it's only $7 to return it if it doesn't fit.

If you're already a good judge of what garment cuts do and don't work for you, go with what you know. I don't see any features on that particular jacket for adjusting the fit (aside from the snaps to bring in the hips, which has me completely baffled).
Ooooooh. Shiny!

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#3 Unread post by mogster »

OzVStarGal_77 wrote: but being on the wrong side of slim
Hi & :welcome: :uk:

I too am on the wrong side of slim & also quite tall so I generally find any kind of female jacket doesn't fit. I can't give you specific sites but may I suggest you consider a "male" jacket. After all a leather jacket is fairly androgenous & you can always wear a pretty pink blouse underneath :lol:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

OzVStarGal_77
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by OzVStarGal_77 »

Can you try on Power Trip jackets in person somewhere?
I've never heard of Power Trip before, and being some 400kms away from a capital city and living in a town with only one bike shop makes it hard (yes one bike shop!!) :frusty: . I have decided not to go with it, it's not worth the risk or the money, I mean yes I can send it back, but I don't really want to go through that..Mogster I was thinking about going the mans leather jacket way, although they don't have bright colours, I can live to compromise...but I would never wear a pink blouse underneath lol :wink:

Thanks all...but if I do find something I will post a pic :)

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#5 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

I have two bike shops here, and neither of them believe in stocking pretty women's gear. Everything's black and I prefer not to roast in the strong Arizona sun. Come to think of it, I've had to special order every one of my jackets except for the very first one in 2003. There was nothing much to choose from, then, and my motorcycle shop parts & accessories department was run by a woman.
Ooooooh. Shiny!

OzVStarGal_77
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by OzVStarGal_77 »

Yes, the heat is another consideration, winter here now, but come mid Summer temps can soar up to 42°c or more for a week... Eeep