MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

Re: Why I ride

#21 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

Why not get your endorsement by passing the MSF class? Quick, easy, and totally worth whatever you have to pay for the class.
Ooooooh. Shiny!

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2002 Suzuki SV650s

#22 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Yes indeed. The class. :rant: I took it 4 years ago. When I was married for a week. (literally). We were going to ride together after I learned how, blah blah blah. It's a three day course. The morning of day three after Mr. Wonderful and I had been up till 4:00 AM arguing (again) I called the school and said I needed to reschedule. Three day course. 350.00. They said you can't reschedule. I said I was angry and tired and in the safety part (day 1) it said don't ride angry, or tired. They said we need a 24 hour notice. I said I wasn't angry and tired 24 hours ago.

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#23 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

I decided to take the safety class (and finish it this time). It starts Friday. This bypasses the riding test at the DMV. They give you a test at the school and it gives you an M1 if you pass. This way when I show up in court :banging: for the speeding ticket, I'll have it. I'll also have it for all the obvious reasons you need one!

funride
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2011 Harley Davidson Road King

#24 Unread post by funride »

Hello everyone,

I just found this forum today and I really like it so far. I've been riding since August 2010. My first bike was a 2011 Harley Davidson Sportster Super Low and I loved that bike. However, I found that for long distance riding my tail bone and that seat did not get along. So after about 9 months and 4400 miles I traded it in for a 2011 Harley Road King. I had to do some adjusting to it but now it's perfect. I absolutely love riding. :mrgreen: I am a member of our local HOG chapter so I get plenty of rides in when I can. For me, there is nothing better than taking off for a nice ride in the country! It's a really awesome way to decompress and rejuvenate!
I look forward to reading more about your experiences and hopefully I can add some fun stuff as well!!
(please no business links, thanks - Admin)
"Pursuing A Passion: The Freedom of the Ride"

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#25 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Welcome Sabrina!
Nice to have you here. I love the title they gave you. Tricycle Squid. When I get older maybe I inherit that too!
Where are you located if you mind me asking? I'm in the East Bay California. (San Jose San Fran)

funride
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2011 Harley Davidson Road King

#26 Unread post by funride »

I'm in the Richmond, VA area. We have some nice riding roads around here. My goals is though to see the U.S.!
(please no business links, thanks - Admin)
"Pursuing A Passion: The Freedom of the Ride"

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#27 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

I loved riding out to the mountains when I lived in Norfolk. It's how I'd get my fall color fix :) And the Jamestown-Scotland ferry was, by far, the best way to cross the James River (not to mention a stop at the Surry House for those amazing fries).
Ooooooh. Shiny!

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#28 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Good morning everyone. Thought I should update here and check in. I took the MSC and the first week there was 4 in my group. 2 had never ridden, one was a young chick small like me. Everyone passed but me. 21 points. 20 is a pass. :baby: I did the walk of shame off the practice pad, got on my bike and went home. BUMMER! I waited a couple of days and called the school back and was able to come back the next weekend on stand by. I chose to only redo the last day of practice which is followed by the test. There were 7 in my group this time and I got an 11!! I passed. The next day I was running the whole scenario through my head, like for example how well a couple of the young guys in my group the second week did. One guy got a zero. Like a perfect score. It occurred to me at that moment that when I was a kid there was about a 6 month period when I lived in Washington State where I actually had a bicycle. That's it. In Sweden then Alaska I didn't ride bicycles. So that whole looking all the way behind you to start a UTurn was like OH HELL NO! :scared: Why would I want to look the opposite direction of where I'm going? On a motorcycle? The course was awesome. So different from the first time I mentioned before. I will be looking into taking another course for furthering my riding techniques when time and money allow. Now I can go on the freeway with confidence. At least concerning that CHP guy that pulled me over.....

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#29 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Glad to hear you passed and equally glad to hear you plan to continue working on your skills.

Don't worry about not passing the first time. A lot of people don't pass the first time.

Have fun and take care out there on the highways.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#30 Unread post by Hanson »

Wow... two ladies, one a bit on the wild side and flirting with the outer edges of the legal envelope, and the other, a professional driver and a motorcycle instructor, continually exercising prudent restraint well within that same envelope. This will likely be entertaining and educational.
ImageImage