Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Why I ride

#41 Unread post by Johnj »

I first saw reference to that in a 1974 movie "Dirty Mary Crazy Larry", on a sticker, on an old truck, that said "Will the last person in Seattle please turn out the lights". I'm sure the saying was around before that.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#42 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Yeah it just means there a not a lot of folks there is all. I really have never met a person from Idaho in person in my life :mrgreen: but now I know of 2 best of luck with the move anyway.
there aint nothin like it

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2002 Suzuki SV650s

#43 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Coeur d'Alene has about 43,000 to 45,000. Spokane is 35 miles away and has probably close to 100,000. By LA standards that's nothing, but by Alaska standards that's a big city! :cold:

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#44 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Well Idaho has 83,557 square miles and 1.6 million people NJ has 8,729 square miles and 9 million legal people I'll wager there are at least2 million illegals by the amount of out of state plates I see with Peru or Ecuador flags parked in the city streets. You see DMV has figured out how to make life hard on the illegals but INS not so much. Hell most of work harder than the legals anyway :) that makes Idaho 10x larger with 1/10 the folks or darn close to it. So when I see folks moving to the bigger lest populated states I am well kind of jealous I wish I had the balls to up and go like you folks who do it do!!! I really mean best of luck.
Dave
there aint nothin like it