Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2002 Suzuki SV650s

Why I ride

#1 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Hello ladies,
About 18 months ago I bought a Cooper"s". Wanted the car for 3 years after driving nothing but trucks for over 20 years. About 5 months later I had a conversation with this chick that mentioned the word "scooter". Hmmmmm. I checked it out online and bought a 150cc Heritage. No clutch. Stop and go. WooHoo. My Cooper literally sat there for 5 months. It was a great way to learn how to ride on two wheels and interact in traffic. It's small. And it's invisible. I was always just expecting to be pulled out in front of etc. I upgraded to a Suzuki C50. Been riding it for 7 months or so. I sold the Cooper. :kicking: I also sold the scooter and bought a Suzuki SV650s about 3 weeks ago. I LOVE RIDING MOTORCYCLES! I'll be 50 this year and I can't stress enough to keep trying new things and not thinking you're too small, too old, too whatever.
Thanks
Attachments
2006 C50.jpg
2006 C50.jpg (45.4 KiB) Viewed 14811 times
Last edited by MaeBe43 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Why I ride

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Welcome to TMW.

:hithere:

Have you got a picture of your motorbike? We'd love to see it. :D

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

I did manage to upload some pics to the album section of this site, but am going around and around trying to add it to my profile.?
Wow, BC! My sister lives in Vernon and I have a niece in Vancouver. If there's such a place as "God's country" I believe it's gotta be the Okanagan. (sp)

blues2cruise

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

For a picture for your avatar it needs to be really small.

You can upload a picture in a post. Look below and you'll find Browse....find the picture you want and then click add file. Then place inline.

Vernon is a nice place for sure. I have friends there (and in Penticton) and have ridden there a few times.

Are you in Canada?

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Got one of my bikes to post on here. Not so familiar with how these sites work. :oops: I don't live in Canada. I am in the East Bay in California. In fact as far as Canada is concerned, I'm not allowed in the whole Country. Very silly, but very true.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#6 Unread post by dr_bar »

MaeBe43 wrote:Got one of my bikes to post on here. Not so familiar with how these sites work. :oops: I don't live in Canada. I am in the East Bay in California. In fact as far as Canada is concerned, I'm not allowed in the whole Country. Very silly, but very true.
We're you a bad girl... :o) just curious as to the reason...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

sunshine229
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#7 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Well hello there Lisa! :wave:

I'm so glad you've found motorcycling, even after living a handful of decades without one. It's so great to hear that there are people out there who are not chicken to try it for the first time at 50+!

I look forward to hearing more about your adventures here on TMW. :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

blues2cruise

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

MaeBe43 wrote:Got one of my bikes to post on here. Not so familiar with how these sites work. :oops: I don't live in Canada. I am in the East Bay in California. In fact as far as Canada is concerned, I'm not allowed in the whole Country. Very silly, but very true.

It works both ways as far as the border goes. A few weeks ago a man was denied entry into the USA because of a pot possession charge about 30 years ago. :roll:

I sometimes wonder about lawmakers....it's ok to possess guns....but a 30 year old pot possession is taboo. Go figure.

Regardless....we're happy to have you at TMW. :D

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

I suppose it's the courteous thing to clear the air (since I brought it up). Being a bartender for over 20 years now I learned that there's a thin line to walk between everyone expecting you to be a part of the constant party and keeping the party going. Back in 1990 I hadn't learned this yet however and got 2 DUI's (in 40 days) :rant: Alabama Slammers taste just like Hawaiian Punch if they're made right. The situation at the border turned into quite a story :starwars: that is actually pretty dandy looking back on it, but because of the above mentioned "record" I was told I should assume I didn't need to come back again. I'm actually the only one of three born here in the US. My sister and brother (and mother) are all born in Canada and my father is from Sweden.
I will add that the ONLY thing that makes me smile EVERYTIME I get on it is my motorcycle.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#10 Unread post by dr_bar »

MaeBe43 wrote:I suppose it's the courteous thing to clear the air (since I brought it up). Being a bartender for over 20 years now I learned that there's a thin line to walk between everyone expecting you to be a part of the constant party and keeping the party going. Back in 1990 I hadn't learned this yet however and got 2 DUI's (in 40 days) :rant: Alabama Slammers taste just like Hawaiian Punch if they're made right. The situation at the border turned into quite a story :starwars: that is actually pretty dandy looking back on it, but because of the above mentioned "record" I was told I should assume I didn't need to come back again. I'm actually the only one of three born here in the US. My sister and brother (and mother) are all born in Canada and my father is from Sweden.
I will add that the ONLY thing that makes me smile EVERYTIME I get on it is my motorcycle.
Well, the things we do in our youth... :)

Is there a pardon process in the Staes as there is/was in Canada? That would make traveling anywhere a whole lot easier...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"